AGÁPI

~•~

~•~

Cally's eyes open blearily, the comfort of a restful sleep still clinging to her heavy eyelids. She stretches her stiff limbs, not surprised to see Atlas not in his usual space. She is surprised, however, by the tightening of an arm around her middle.

She flops around ungracefully to face the still sleeping male, or at least he would have liked her to think he was still asleep.

Cally flicks his ear. "Atlas! I know you're awake. What do you think you're doing?"

"Sleeping?" He mumbles groggily. "What else would I be doing?"

Cally huffs indignantly. "I can see that, but why are you sleeping here?"

Atlas wiggles down to pull her closer, tangling his legs with hers and tucking his head beneath her chin. "Why not here? I can kiss you and hold you and touch you. Can I not lie next to you as we sleep?"

Cally wasn't quite sure what to say to that. In truth, he was right. Over the past many days, the two had spent almost every waking moment together. What was really so bad about sleeping next to him?

Atlas smiles triumphantly as he feels her fingers begin to play with the hair at the base of his neck. His eyes close lightly, lashes fluttering against his cheeks. He presses a tender kiss to her collarbone, tempted to nip at the supple flesh, though he refrains.

"We need to get up soon," she says after a while.

"Or maybe not," Atlas replies. "I find I am very content here."

"I know," she sighs. "But we need to eat and the tent needs some repairs."

Atlas kisses her neck again. "It can wait."

Cally giggles quietly, her voice trickling through the early morning air. His hair tickles the underside of her chin. "Yeah but--"

Atlas pushes the girl onto her back, rolling on top of her. "No," he says, trying to remain serious but the smile is bright in his eyes.

Cally half-heartedly pushes at his chest. "C'mon, Atlas. I need a bath."

Atlas' nose dives behind her ear, his breath tickling her neck and making her giggle. "Nah, you smell fine to me."

"I don't care what you think," she says bravely. "I want a bath, so I am going to get one."

"Not if I don't let you," he counters, pinning her legs and reaching for her wrists. Before he can grab hold of her hands, she reaches up and pulls his lips down to meet her. She grips him firmly by the neck, her lips moving roughly against his.

Atlas is quick and eager to respond, tugging and nipping at her lips, his tongue searching for a way to meet hers. He barely registers that she flips them back over, only that he likes the weight of her body on his. His breath comes fast as he kisses her more passionately, his hands beginning to wander.