We Are VR (Rocky DeSantos x VR Trooper!Reader)

TITLE: We Are VR (Rocky DeSantos x VR Trooper!Reader)

Prompt/summary: (MMPR season 2 episode 32, Rocky just wants to have fun) Reader moves to Angel Grove, her Trooper powers are revealed after the rangers need help freeing Rocky.

Word Count: 2,385 (exposition is a bitch)

Warnings: none

Authors note: I can't exactly remember if these are in the same universe but for this imagine they are :)

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Being a Trooper is not easy. Being a Trooper that has moved miles away from Cross World City is even harder. (Y/n) liked Angel Grove but hated being so far away from her friends. Ryan, Kaitlin, and JB were understanding over (Y/n)'s situation and tried their best to visit whenever they can.

(Y/n) made their way to the Youth Center of Angel Grove. The popular hangout spot had become a favorite for (Y/n) because of the smoothies. Their transformation virtualizer hung around their neck and (Y/n) always ran her finger over it when they got nervous. And (Y/n) was nervous a lot after the move.

Billy and Rocky had just sat down to study when they both noticed someone new sit down at the table next to them. Rocky looked up to see (Y/n) sitting quietly with a book and sipping on a smoothie. The red ranger blushed, that had to be the cutest person he had ever seen. (Y/n) looked up and locked eyes with Rocky and they both smiled.

Billy snapped his fingers in front of Rocky's face. Rocky shook his head and turned back to the math equation in front of him.

_____________________

The two boys decided to take a break from studying. Earnie had just finished setting up the new pachinko machine on the bar, "Hey guys check this out!"

"What is it?" Rocky asked.

"It's a Pachinko machine. It's really popular in Asia, you activate this handle and watch the ball bearing chart and unplanned trajectory course through the game area."

"Yeah," Earnie said, "the idea is to get more balls so you keep on playing. Try it!"

"Okay," Rocky said. He began a round on the machine and suddenly he was hooked. "This is too fun!"

Little did they know that Lord Zed had casted a spell on the game, making Rocky become addicted to it. He couldn't take his eyes off the silver balls falling through the glass.

Before he knew it 20 minutes had passed, Billy sighed and turned around, "Rocky we really need to hit the books again."

"All right, just let me finish this game."

BIlly nodded and turned back around to the books with a sigh. More time passed and Rocky was still playing, "Rocky come on man."

"No way! I'm having too much fun!"

Hours passed and Rocky ordered smoothie after smoothie. (Y/n) watched the boy and his friends closely. They noticed the boy at the pachinko machine start to get more aggressive at the game as time went on.

"Hey is he okay?" They asked the boy at the table.

"I don't know, he started acting weird once he started playing that game."

(Y/n) stuck her hand out, "I'm (Y/n), want me to help you clean up your books?"

"Yeah thanks that would be great, I'm Billy by the way."

Rocky whooped as more balls flooded into the bottom chamber, Billy stood up to confront his friend, "Rocky, we should really get back to our math."