Moonlight (Tommy Oliver x reader)

Please check bio to see if requests are open before sending any in!

Request: (tumblr) hi i just came across your account and i love your PR oneshots ✨🥺 if it was alright could i get an image of tommy oliver forgetting the reader's anniversary bc of a battle with a new monster? ahh i feel like i'm bothering you BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT <3 I LOVE YOU HAVE A NICE DAY

Prompt/summary: Tommy misses his anniversary date, does ice cream under the stars count?

Word Count: 737

Authors note: Hi bb I'm so sorry this took so long but I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed seeing your request in my inbox!

Also Tommy Oliver and hurt/comfort? Say less.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He's never late.

Well, on a usual day.

But today was anything but usual. In fact, the past few days have been very strange for me and my boyfriend. Tommy normally walked me to class, the sweet gesture was not found today as I struggled into my first period class carrying the weight of my heavy gym bag. He normally sat beside me at lunch normally with his friends nearby to chat about the day. By the time lunch came around I sat alone eating my simple sandwich and staring at the clock.

Six thirty rolled around, and my hopes for our date night dwindled with every passing minute. I paced nervously around the room. How could he forget this?

How could he forget the date that he planned?

Eventually, I gave up, trudging into the bathroom to wash off the carefully done makeup and change into pajamas. I didn't realize the tears streaming down my face until my cheek was pressed into the pillow. I let the damp spot grow until all the tears I could shed were gone. Then I let myself dwell in the feeling of gloomyness while turning on the television in my room to some random late night show.

Tap.

I looked towards my window in confusion, when nothing else happened I turned back to the TV and pulled my blankets higher.

Tap-tap.

I saw the flash out of the corner of my eye and got up slowly to approach the window.

Tommy Oliver stood on the ground just a few feet from the bushes near the downstairs window. He was covered in dirt. The helpless look on his face made me open the window, albeit cautiously.

"Hey," he called out softly.

"What do you want?"

He sighed, "Listen, I know you think I'm the worst boyfriend in the world. I promise I didn't forget our date, really I didn't, something just came up that I couldn't avoid. Can you please just come down here so we can talk?"

I sighed, leaning my head on my hand against the windowsill.

He pulled a bag out from behind his back, "I brought ice cream."

I chuckled lightly and closed the window before quietly shuffling downstairs and out to the backyard.

Tommy smiled at me nervously, holding the pint of Ben and Jerry's out to me like a peace offering.

"Got spoons?"

He riffled through the bag before pulling out two plastic spoons.

"Better late than never?" he said.

I sat down on the grass, patting the ground next to me for him to follow suit before digging into the ice cream. Moonlight lit his face as I stared, what I was looking for I'm not sure. Regret? Sadness? Again, I'm not sure.

"Where did you go? I didn't see you all day, or for most of this week actually."

He sighed, looking up at the stars with a look of contemplation.

"Tommy?"

He sighed, "Yeah, I'm just- trying to find a way to phrase this without you thinking I'm crazy."

"Why would I think you're crazy?"

"I just don't know if you'll believe me."

I looked at him confused.

He put the ice cream down and turned to face me, "What I'm about to tell you is something you can't tell another soul. I promise, I was just trying to protect you but I'm realizing now I can't protect you if you don't know the truth."

"Did- did you murder someone or?"

"What? No," he said, letting out a soft chuckle.

"Then what?" I asked.

"I'm the white Power Ranger."

The look of shock and confusion on my face must've made him nervous, "Look I know you don't believe me but I promise one day I can show you everything and you can meet the rest of the team-"

"Tommy," I said softly.

He looked at me with worry.

"You missed our date because you were protecting the city?"

He shuffled nervously, "Yeah, more or less."

I laughed, "That's a pretty good reason to miss a date I guess."

"You're not mad?"

"How could I be?" I said, "Thank you for being honest. And for the ice cream."

He smiled, pulling me closer to kiss my forehead, "No problem."

"Next time, just send me a pager before you run off to fight monsters."

"Deal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~