Chapter Fifteen: The Ride Back

Gliding through the air soared a large black bag. As it landed onto the bed, you could hear the shifting of the sheets. Now rippled because of the impact, the bag solely sat in the center of the bed. I motioned over towards the bag, opened it up and profusely began filling the innards with the select bits of clothing I had in mind. Per usual, I wasn't informed by the director whether or not the next singularity would be an immediate mission or there would be a down time period. So it's safe to assume it's the latter and it's not time yet for me to depart and that I better pack accordingly. Naturally among the essentials, I'll need to bring the evidence to prove Amara's guilt along with me, that's more important than anything else. I spent a substantial amount of time putting together this presentation for the director, I can't afford to let it go to waste. Those would be going into a fireproof briefcase, I couldn't afford to take any risks by just shoving them into my bag. So it seemed like I'd be hauling quite the luggage with me this trip around. My bag now packed with all the essentials and the documents and casefiles locked tightly away in the briefcase, all that I needed to do now was get my handgun and tell the others to pack their bags for tomorrow....

I turned around and faced the other side of the room where my eyes slowly drifted across the bookshelf towards the corner of the room where the window and chair were located. Sitting where one might expect to find her, sat Scathach in her chair, book in hand and teacup by her side. Even when her and I could barley stand the sight of one another, I still had to admit that she always managed to remain elegant looking in her black stockings and peach colored turtleneck.

 Even when her and I could barley stand the sight of one another, I still had to admit that she always managed to remain elegant looking in her black stockings and peach colored turtleneck

Perhaps it was due to her life as a queen that she always maintained a constant state of elegance about her at all times. However I'm sure I was about to see her inelegant side as soon as I spoke a single word to her, as was accustomed to our interactions nowadays. This would be the first time I had spoken to her properly since that time after I got shot. I made my way over to her and stood over her for a few moments before deciding to interrupt her.

"Ahem Scathach. Whilst I hate to interrupt you in the middle of your reading, I must regrettably do so to inform you that you need to get ready and pack your things. We'll be returning to Chaldea tomorrow." I said clearing my throat before proceeding to rest my hands on my hips as I looked down at her. Scathach didn't bother looking up at me in her reply as she kept her eyes in her book as they darted across the page.

"Whilst I'm sure you do not regret interrupting me while I am reading..." Scathach said and I furrowed my eyebrows at her in response. "I will nonetheless get ready once I have finished reading this book."

"If we wait for you to finish that book we'll be here for another two thousand years. We don't have that kind of time." I said. Scathach narrowed her eyes not at me, but at the pages themselves as perhaps she did not want to look directly at me.

"I have already read more than half of the books on your shelves and added more to your collection so I can assure you that it will not take me two thousand years to complete a few chapters" Scathach replied with a scoff. "But if it did I would still be here whilst you would not." Scathach said casually which caused me to grunt.