Chapter thirty-eight

"Welcome back Agent Williams." I grin while pushing our office door shut behind me. I hand him the extra coffee I bought for him and sit down behind my desk. "I must admit, I already miss walking in to see Mikes pretty face everyday."

Theo gives me a amused look after thanking me for the coffee. "That's cute, but I'm definite pretty is not the word you'd use to describe my face."

"True, it would probably be more along the lines of revolting."

"That's not what it seemed like in N-"

The door pushes open and Tammy walks in with a grin on her face. "The dream team is back! I'm so happy."

I laugh at her excitement, without her even knowing about what happened in New York. We made the decision on the plane not to tell anyone about our kiss, knowing that it would be the talk of our friend group and Clare would somehow find out. It's been a just under a month since we got back from New York, and Theo's only been cleared back for work, while I kept working cases with Mike.

"Forget being excited about me being back at work," Theo laughs. "you're getting married next week, hows the last minute planning going?"

Tammy groans. "If you asked Charlie that, he would ask 'what minute planning' because he's doing none of it!"

Theo and I laugh at her stress. "It'll be worth it in the end."

"That's if I don't strangle him before it." Tammy retorts. "Anyway I better get back to work, you know go see if any of the bad guys I pick up will do the dirty work of killing my fiancé."

I laugh once she's left the room. "She's crazy."

"Tell me about it." Theo grins. "So you got a plus one for the wedding?"

"Do bridesmaids even have dates?" I ask before I shake my head. "But I think I'll go solo."

"We could go together?" He suggests and I snap my eyes towards his to see he's smirking. He continues before I can turn him down "Think about it. It doesn't have to mean anything, just work pals going to our friends wedding together. Not to mention you're a bridesmaid and I'm a groomsman."

"I don't need to think about it." I say taking a sip of my coffee. "You're driving."

________________________________

I glance in the mirror one last time to do some finishing touches on my makeup. It's the night of Tammys bachelorette party and we're going out clubbing to celebrate before the wedding. I'm wearing a casual blue T-shirt dress which I've paired with some white heels. My hair is in a messy high ponytail which took way too long to perfect while my make up is on the natural side.

 My phone ringing causes me to put the make up brush down

My phone ringing causes me to put the make up brush down. I swipe the answer button once it's in reach. "Hey Izzy."

"Hey, you almost ready for the party?"