Chapter two

I pull up outside my apartment, a few minutes later. I thankfully found the perfect apartment, not far from where I work, it's pricey but it's definitely worth it.

I take the stairs up to the seventh floor. High school me probably would have gave up half way, but the training I went through over the past two years, prepared me for much worse.

I'm about to unlock my door when I hear fumbling on the other side. The sound of a bang makes me retrieve my gun from my belt and I'm suddenly thankful for Clare urging me to put it on.

I unlock the door, before using my foot to kick it open. I sneak in with my gun raised.

"EGPD put your hands up." We both shout at the same time.

The guy on front of me raises his badge but doesn't lower his gun. I quickly inspect the badge and when I'm happy enough I raise my own. I take my opportunity to check him out as he inspects mine. He's wearing a stranger things hoodie, that he's paired with some black Adidas basketball shorts. His eyes look like they can see straight through you, and don't get me started on his hair, not to mention the sharpness of the jawline.

Long story short, he's hot.

And I suddenly feel poorly dressed in my airport outfit, which wasn't much of an outfit because of the weather

And I suddenly feel poorly dressed in my airport outfit, which wasn't much of an outfit because of the weather. I thankfully retied up my sleek ponytail just before getting off the aeroplane, but had I known the second person I would have met would have been this guy, I definitely wouldn't have opted on no makeup back in New York.

"Who are you?" He asks, lowering his gun

"Who are you?" He asks, lowering his gun. The first thing I notice is the English accent, which only makes him sexier, if that's even possible.

I do the same and once it's secure in my belt, I cross arms. "Special Agent Olivia Bennett. You?"

"That's who you are?" He asks clearly surprised.

"No, I just lied" I roll my eyes. "Who are you, and what are you doing in my apartment?" I ask. 

"Special Agent Theodore Williams, your-"

"Partner." I finish for him.

He nods. "They told me to check this place out with no other information, I assumed it was a case."