Chapter eleven

Theo knocks on my door, a few mornings later. We found Max leaving the headquarters on Friday and he was anything but happy when Theo cuffed him, but after telling him that Lena ratted him out and we knew everything, he knew that there was nothing he could do.

Today we have to give our testimonies in court, which is definitely my least favourite part of the job. It's also the final hearing, so we're waiting to hear the jury give their verdict.

"Hey." I say, opening the door and quickly glancing at his outfit. He's wearing a cotton half length sleeve white T-shirt and some black jeans.

"You're seriously not ready yet?" He asks, stepping inside.

"I can't decide what outfit to wear."

"You've done one of these right?"

I roll my eyes. "Of course I have you idiot, but first impressions on the stand count."

"Then put them on and I'll pick."

"Really?" I cross my arms. "Your a fashion expert now?"

Theo drops himself onto the couch. "Just try on the outfits, Olive"

I huff, but do what he says anyway. I grab my first option from the bed and switch it for the sweats that I'm currently wearing. My hair and make up is already finished, to save the time that I'm wasting.

"Option one." I say, as I walk back into the open plan living room.

Theo looks away from the television and looks towards me instead

Theo looks away from the television and looks towards me instead. His eyes gaze up and down my body, but unfortunately I can't take it as him checking me out, seen as I basically asked him to do it.

"It's cute, I'd lose the jacket though."

"Why?" I ask while slipping it off my shoulders.

He smirks. "If the jurors are male, they'll definitely be on our side."

I laugh and shake my head. "You're such an idiot." I pull the jacket off, and throw the jacket at him.

He grins. "But seriously, you don't need to put on another outfit, that ones good."

"Good?"

"I'm not giving you a fished for compliment." He grins.

"So if I didn't fish for it, you would've gave it?"

He scrunches you his face pretending to be thinking. "Mhm. I'd probably say maybe your right about the muscle thing." I don't get a chance to react before Theo's standing up and grabbing his keys. "Now let's go, before we're late because that's definitely not a good first impression."

We walk into the courtroom ten minutes before it starts and take our specified seats. I glance around, Larissa's sitting on the opposite side of the courtroom with a dull look on her face - I make a mental note to talk to her afterwards.