Chapter three

I unlock the door to our office and kick it lightly shut. I made sure to arrive twenty minutes earlier this morning. just to annoy Theo. I unhook my belt from around my waist and leave it safety in the top drawer of my desk. I pull the pocket knife from my right boot and place it beside the belt.

My phone starts ringing, and I pick it up to see it's a call from Isabella.

"Morning." I say after swiping the answer button.

"Your family mentioned that you met your partner yesterday." She says, and I laugh to myself - 'family', more like my brother. "What's his name?"

"Theo Williams." I sigh, even his name is attractive.

"Is he hot?" She asks. 

"Is the sun hot?"

She squeals. "Oh my god! My best friends going to get some."

"No she's not."

The squealing suddenly stops. "What do you mean no she's not?"

"I mean this place is airtight on their rules about workplace relationships, so no your best friends not gonna get anything."

"Does she wish she could?"

I huff. "Yes, which is exactly the reason why I need to do something to stop it. I can't risk this job."

Just as I finish my sentence the door swings open. "I gotta go." I tell Isabella before hanging up.

"You're late." I repeat his words from yesterday.

Theo turns to me, and I immediately notice the blood dripping from a cut above his eyebrow. "What happened you?"

"It looks like we might have a case." He smirks. "But don't worry about me, you should see the other guy."

I roll my eyes at his huge ego. "What do you mean, we might have a case?"

He steps on front of my desk, and uses his two hands to steady himself as he leans forward. "Jackson Daniels, you don't know him yet but you will soon. He's known for being a notorious drug dealer around here, but his dealings have caused more than one death. So far no ones been able to catch him and he went MIA for awhile, but he's back now and from what I interrupted today, he's worse than ever."

"What was he doing?"

"Selling drugs to a minor, and a very young one at that."

"You seen him today though, can't we arrest him on that?" I cross my arms, leaning back in my chair. 

He sighs and stands up straight, walking back over to his desk. He takes his seat and runs a hand through his hair. "He'll make bail, it'll be my word against his, everyone he sells to is way too scared of him to speak, especially not to us."

"So what's our plan?"

"We need him to sell to one of our own, get it on tape, have solid proof."

"Then send me in."

"Not going to happen."

"Theo, he doesn't know me, no one around here does. I'm the perfect one for the job."

He shakes his head. "And when it goes wrong? I'm not losing another partner."

"If it goes wrong," I correct him "and you seen me yesterday, I'm no push over."

He sighs and looks over at me. "I get that Olivia, but you don't know what he's capable of. If he managed to do this to me," He gestures towards his cut. "I'm not letting you walk into this blind. If you go, he'll try and take you home with him and if you say no, you'll have no choice but to blow your cover to protect yourself."