Chapter twelve

I woke up extra early the next morning, despite it being my day off. Tammy text last night wondering if I wanted to join her group gym session, which she later clarified to be "Charlie and Theo's gym sessions while she walked on the treadmill, while ogling her fiancé.

Which to I, for some reason, responded, "see you at 7."

I secured my bun with hairspray for the third time this morning, in a hopeful attempt that it would stay intact throughout my workout and with one last glance in the mirror, I grab my gym bag and keys. As predicted by the cars preinstalled satnav, I arrived at the gym with a minute to spare.

"Ok, but can you at least give the rest of us girls a day where we can at least look  like competition!" Tammy crosses her arms, once I walk through the double doors of the gym.

I huff and strap my hand protecting gloves around my hands. "That's rich coming from you, Mrs I've got a rock the size of Jlo's on my finger."

"I'm an exception." She grins. "I'm the competition you would have if I didn't have said rock on my finger."

"I better thank Charlie." I grin. "You ready to sweat then?"

Tammy gasps, a fake one nonetheless. "You mean you didn't just come here to ogle your partner after hours because it probably doesn't count?"

"No that's not the only reason I'm here."

Tammys gasp is a real one this time. "Aha! You've admitted it."

"Admitted what?" I ask, as I throw my first punch at the bag.

"You like him!"

I glance at her with one eyebrow raised, before turning my attention back to the bag. "I never said I liked him. There's no point of me lying and pretending he didn't get way too lucky in the looks department, but I still want to keep my job."

Tammy grins.

"What?"

"You finally admitted there might a glimmer of hope for my dreams."

I roll my eyes. "You're such an idiot."

She shrugs, with a smirk on her face. "I'll eventually get to say I told you so."

Just over an hour later, our workouts finished. Tammy and I stuck to boxing and other types of cardio, but unfortunately, - or fortunately you decide - my eyes couldn't help but glance over at Theo, who was busy lifting weights.

"So you guys know how it's my birthday next week?" Tammy asks, once we're all standing outside the gym.

"How could we forget, you've only been talking about it since last year." Theo grins.

Tammy rolls her eyes. "You're hilarious."

"He has it all." I inform her, quoting him from our conversation after court yesterday.

"As if."

"She's telling the truth." Theo adds with a smirk, matching my own. "I really do have it all, Olive decided to inform me yesterday."

I hit his arm and turn back to Charlie, who's looking at us with a confused expression, and Tammy, who looks like she's about to jump with joy. "He told me. Obviously you both already know that because you know Theo."

Tammy shakes her head, looking like she's trying not to laugh. "Well as it's my birthday, I get decide what to do and I've decided we're going to Miami."

"We're?" I ask.

She nods. "Well duh, Charlie and I, you and Theo and I'm sure I can wrap a few other friends into going." When no one says anything, she shrieks. "You two won't even need to apply for days off, you're not working anyway. Not to mention it'll be so much fun."

"I mean it sounds like a good idea." Theo shrugs.

"And it's not like we can say no to the birthday girl." I add.

This time Tammy really does jump with joy. "You guys are the best!"

"You don't have to tell me twice."

When I get home, I shower and change into some light blue slightly distressed mom jeans and a baby pink cropped T-shirt. I dry my hair and let it cascade down by back in loose curls.

I pull up outside the newly named Dylan Bishop HQ, less than an hour later. "She works fast." I grin to myself, as I get out of my car.

"Look who it is." Larissa grins, standing in the same spot she welcomed me on my first day undercover. "Should I call you Agent Bennett this time?"

"Olivia's fine, I guess." I laugh, as we give each other a quick hug. Larissa directs me to her new office which is still on the top floor, just in a different room to where the main offices used to be.

"You got the name changed quickly."

Larissa nods handing me a cup of coffee, before setting her own down on her desk. "The devil works fast but..." She smiles and shakes her head. "As soon as I found out who did it, I got in contact with a friend who has a company. So I have them to thank for that."

"So, Theo's your partner?"

I nod. "We haven't been working together long, which you probably already know, thanks to the news articles."

Larissa grins. "I seen those, you guys are basically famous now. So are you guys partners outside of work too? Because I definitely picked up on vibes at court."

I shake my head. "Just professionally"

"Are you delusional?" She shrieks.

"I passed my psych test last time around, that was almost a year ago though."

"Let me rephrase," Larissa has a smirk on her face "why aren't you two together?"

I shrug. "We're friends, that's it"

She nods. "So what are you going to do for your two weeks off?" 

"Tammy, a girl who also works with me, wants to celebrate her birthday in Miami. So I could possibly be going there for a few days."

"That's so cool." She grins. "I've been there before, when I was a kid, it's amazing."

"Seriously? I'm originally from New York and I haven't even been there." I pause. "So do you have any family around here?"

"I actually live with my cousin, but the rest of our family is in Texas. We're a pretty tight-knit family, I moved here for Dyl, and Stas moved here to pursue her photography." She smiles. "So your family's in NYC?"

I nod. "My brother and parents are still there. Ironically, I'm an agent yet my brother and best friend think I'm stupid enough to notice their secret relationship."

She laughs. "How did you find out?"

I shrug. "I'm good at reading people, nah but really it had something to do with the fact she was showing me a photo and I recognised my brothers room in the background of another one. After that I picked up on the signs."

"So neither of them know that you know?"

I shake my head. "But I mean as long as their happy right?"

Larissa smiles. "That's really mature of you, most sisters would go off that their brother and best friend are seeing each other."

"Thanks."

I stay at the office with Larissa for another hour, talking about random shit, until she has to go to a meeting. My phone rings and connects to the car speaker. "Hey." I say, after pressing the green button on the wheel.

"It's booked!" Tammy shrieks.

"Already?" I ask. "When's it booked for?"

"Saturday, so that we've a few days to prepare." I can almost see her grinning from over the phone. "It'll be so fun, I mean we never get to go out and enjoy ourselves. because we're basically always on duty, now we can finally let loose."

I nod, starting to become excited myself. "I can't wait!"