Chapter twenty-two

"Wow, this place really is so cool." Izzy says as we walk into my apartment after the fair, which was actually really good. There was even a talent show for the closing act. "Not to mention this apartment, talk about goals!" She drops onto the couch.

I laugh and also sit down. "Getting the Evergreen bug already? That was quick."

"Pity I still have to finish college." She huffs.

"So how is everything back home?"

"Just peachy. Your parents still say this miss you everyday and your moms constantly worrying your in danger, but I always remind her how much of a boss bitch you really are."

I laugh "I'm glad you still go to see them."

Izzy shrugs and suddenly becomes interested in inspecting her nails. "If I randomly disappeared out of their lives they'd have guessed something was up. Not to mention your moms my favourite out of all of you guys." She laughs at her own joke.

I take a few seconds to contemplate asking about my brother. Every time I've talked to either of them they've sulked over the phone, but Simon has never said anything to me probably assuming Izzy has told me everything. I conclude that I'd be a shit friend if I didn't check up on her, whether she likes it or not. "What about Simon? Heard from him since it all went down?"

She shakes her head, her expression impassive. "Nope, when I go see your parents I make sure he's not there. The wonders of Snapchat am I right" she laughs. "So what's with you and Theo? Why the bickering and hatred?"

Now it's my turn to inspect my nails. I shrug. "I don't know, we just started bickering more and more everyday after we got back from Florida."

"Because of the almost kiss?" She asks. 

"I don't get it though, we agreed to be friends and it was fine while we were there."

"It could be because the tension is too much." She suggests. "maybe if you guys just give in to it, even for a night then it'd go back to normal."

"I guess that could be it."

"Just think about it." Izzy smiles "I can hold the fort for the night."

I laugh. "You're really pushing it now. Don't think I don't know as soon as I leave you'd lock the door and steal my apartment." I joke.

She puts her hands up feigning surrender. "You got me."

I sigh as I walk towards the bathroom. Maybe she's right, who knows.

________________________________

It's been a few days since Izzy came to Evergreen and tonight us girls are going out. We decided to get ready at my apartment, which was suitable for me since we're supposed to be leaving and I still haven't found an outfit.

"Found it!" Izzy shrieks and I turn to face her. "You wore this dress for my birthday and boy did you attract a lot of people."

I roll my eyes when the rest of the girls gasp. "She's overreacting."

Izzy shrugs. "Whatever." She hands me the dress. "Put that on."

I do as told and a few minutes later I'm walking out of my room, now wearing the dress Izzy picked for me, which I paired off with some white heels. My hair is straight for once, flowing nicely down my back and my make up is simple.

 My hair is straight for once, flowing nicely down my back and my make up is simple