(One-Shot) "Did you think you could hide!?"

DISCLAIMER: I was writing this when Volume 7 hasn't been announced or released yet. The same could be said with the other One-Shot I will release soon, "Sometimes, Cowards do survive."

A/N: Also, this One-shot takes place in Volume 6 between the episode "Uncovered" and "That's how it is."

A/N 2: I think this might be a dark one-shot I've done, and believe me I think the next one-shot I'll give out will be darker than this. O_o

Anyways, with that said and done, enjoy the one-shot!

————————————————————————————————————

Ozpin raised his voice, "Do you really think Leo was the first?!

Everyone stops as they look at him, caught off-guard by the sudden outburst.

"That he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry, but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying that I have reason to think you will betray me. I'm saying that I have reasons for the things that I do, the secrets I keep, the reason I..." Ozpin/Oscar trails off and realizes something.

"Where's the Relic?" Ozpin/Oscar asked as he looks around a bit for the Relic.

"Right here." Ruby said as she holds it in her hands, "...It got scattered in the crash."

"Please, hand it over." Ozpin/Oscar said with his hand reached out, but Ruby hesitates.

"So all those times you talked about having faith in humanity, that was just for everyone else?" Ruby questioned.

Ozpin/Oscar sighs, "That's not what I meant to suggest." He said, "...Miss Rose, the Relic is a powerful item and I simply feel as though it is my burden to bear."

"But, you said it couldn't do anything right now," Ruby remarked.

"Why does it matter who carries it? Blake asked as she narrows her eyes in suspicion.

"I need you to listen to me-" Ozpin/Oscar stops in mid-sentence with a hand reached out, but suddenly freezes in place and looks like there's a struggle going on in the body of Oscar.

"Oz?" Qrow said.

Oscar/Ozpin grunts fighting back internal for control, as he manages to say, "Hurry... he's... trying to stop you!"

"Stop her from what?" Yang asked.

"He's afraid... you'll find out what he's... hiding!" Oscar/Ozpin manages to say as he fights against Ozpin internally and falls onto his hands and knees.

Everyone gets in a defensive stance as they stand protectively around Ruby and the relic of Knowledge.

"Her name... is Jinn. Say her name... to summon her," Oscar pleads.

"Her name?" Ruby wonders and then stares at the relic.

The wind picks up much more gradually, blowing snow even harder. The Relic starts to glow in Ruby's hands.

She takes a deep breath and just before she would utter her name, the sound of a loud boom of engines averted their attention to the sky.

(Music Starts)

"What was that!?" Yang exclaims, observing the sky for anything suspicious.

As they look at the sky above they see something or someone approaching them in the distance. When it comes closer, it revealed to be an unknown figure flying towards them.

"Um... is this one of Jimmy's soldiers?" Qrow asked looking at Ozpin/Oscar, before looking at the unknown figure approaching them.

As the figure approaches, it then prepares the missiles on the side of his wings, ready to fire.