Waiting Game

[Third P.O.V]

"Everyone, evacuate to the sea! Someone has been holding the Noah up for the last five minutes! Get to the outer Ocean!"

"No way! Is Luffy alright holding up the boat?!" Nami asked

"What happened to Princess Shirahoshi?! Luffy!" Jimbei questioned.

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Losing track of time, I kept holding up the Noah even when I felt a lot of twitching and vibrations through the chains. The blood on my arms were being washed from the chains digging into my skin. This wasn't good. I was running out of air fast. In my desperation, I thought to when Sengoku was training me with meditation. Firmly digging myself further into the ground, I completely let go of all my other senses and kept up the Noah. My training with Sengoku was still fresh in my mind as my breath became very reserved.

"Sengoku, I'm not getting the importance of meditation... I get it's to de-stress and all but what use will it have in battle."

"Young Grasshopper, imagine that you just need to perform an action to buy time because it's to protect someone. You need to be able to ignore you senses and if you do that, you can ignore the feeling of pain without your touch receptors. You can hold out much longer in that situation. Got it?"

"Yeah, will you please stop calling me young grasshopper... "

"Ahahaha, it is just my form of endearment."

"Psh, young grasshopper my ass."

"(M/N)! One beli in the swear jar!"

"Fuck!"

"That's two now!"

Smiling, I thought fondly of the memory and used that to completely ignore my senses. Beginning to meditate, all the pain in my body stopped registering to my mind. Seeing the Sea Kings begin to approach, I knew that soon I could finally let go. My friend Serpent came with his kids and others to me. The other Sea Kings took the chains from me and began pulling it. My serpent friend pushed me into his mouth before clearing out the water in it to give me room to breath.

"A human holding up the chains for so long?" One questioned.

"Don't underestimate my friend, he can hear all of you talking." My friend hissed.

"I swear the other one could hear us too. They're just like that other human from long ago." One spoke

"The Pirate King... Come my friend I'll take you back down. I don't like the taste of blood in my mouth. Children, I hope you can handle this" My friend said

"Yes dad!" The others called

[Third P.O.V]

"Human friend..I hope you know you were stupidly reckless. Any human should be dead by now from what I can tell but thank you. We have been taking turns to protect the Arc for hundreds of years. If you didn't hold it up... Who knows where we would be know?"

"No problems, captain orders. It's weird I've been able to properly hear you for the past year. You know what, I'm just going to take a nap." (M/N) called tiredly.

Thus, the serpent let the human rest in his mouth and headed down to the bubble. He slithered downwards quickly and pierced only his head through the bubble entrance in the top. Everyone began freaking out as the long serpent slithered it face down near the Strawhats before gently tilting it's head to shove (M/N) out. He was extremely worried for his human friend. He found the small reindeer to be very weird but said nothing, not that the reindeer could hear him. He watched for the first time in his life that a Fishman gave human blood.

(M/N)'s lips curled upwards when he heard Luffy's voice offering Jimbei to join the crew. The serpent informed Shirahoshi of (M/N)'s sacrifice and Shirahoshi began crying as she thanked (M/N) profusely. This confused everyone because they couldn't hear what (M/N) had done. Everyone cheered for Luffy which made the serpent mildly upset since his friend should be getting some love too. The serpent booped (M/N) with a cute tongue flick before the serpent left. (M/N) laughed a little with closed eyes at that while Shirahoshi continued crying.

"W-What's wrong Weakhoshi?"

"(M/N) sa- (M/N)-" Shirahoshi began

"Nothing happened captain, just followed orders" (M/N) smiled.

"Hmm, I don't believe you (M/N)" Luffy said.

Laughing, (M/N) went onto the Thousand Sunny before Chopper frantically demanded for (M/N) to sit down. (M/N) sat down before Chopper forced (M/N) to lie down. The Thousand Sunny took off into the Sky with an air balloon and the help of the Megalo shark. Zoro was glad they left because he didn't want to be seen as a hero. Heroes had to hand out booze to everyone and he wanted to be drinking all the booze. Jimbei managed to reject Luffy's invitation to join Luffy crew by saying he had duties to complete first. If Luffy still wanted Jimbei to join his crew after that then he gladly would.

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"What were you doing (M/N)?! It looks like chains were digging into your arms."

"I just had a normal day, Chopper. I swear Captain just loves to throw us in immediate life or death situations." I brushed it off

"B-but your legs look like they were dug into the ground. Your shoulders are nearly dislodged too! Were these scars always here?!" Chopper panicked

"Chopper, a doctor shouldn't panic. I'll be more than fine, just hurry up and treat me please. Also yes, they've been there for quite a while." I calmly said

Swiftly, Chopper patched my legs and arms up. Then, I was let free to the rest of the crew. They didn't need to know what I have done. Stepping out, a plate of food greeted my face. Thanking Sanji, I leaned against the ship and ate happily while Sanji remarked how messy I was. I scoffed at that before downing a cup of water with a sigh if relief. I haven't eaten in like a whole day. I could hear the clicking of a lighter as I heard Sanji light a cigarette which he put between his lips.

"You held up the Noah didn't you? I know it was you. There's no way Luffy could be fighting and holding up the Noah from the side. Why not tell Luffy?"

"Anyone would have done that in my position, dumbass" I stated.

"I don't think so but I'll keep it a secret."

"Thanks Sanji... I just realized I haven't greeted any of you guys properly. I miss my hello and goodbye kisses."

"O-Oh really? Will you give them now?" Sanji asked calmly yet clearly excited

Nodding my head, I tilted my head up and gave a quick kiss to Sanji's already red cheeks. I made him a flustered mess. I laughed as the wind blew through my hair and hat. I thanked him for the food before skipping off after leaving Sanji to have an adorable breakdown. I went to find Zoro and Luffy to give the same treatment. Easily, I found Zoro who I tapped on the shoulder. He blinked in confusion before I gave a kiss to his cheek. He turned red too but I got a welcome back kiss in return. Next up was Luffy, who only giggled when I gave him a kiss. He loved the enhancement.

"Let's have the biggest feast (M/N)!"

"Sure, sounds fun."

A/N: Fun fact, (M/N)'s enhancement had evolved a lot. He trained with Sengoku for that. Second fun fact, Sengoku haired turned white even faster because (M/N) can't stop cursing. Poor Sengoku also worries a lot about (M/N)'s health mentally and physically.

 Poor Sengoku also worries a lot about (M/N)'s health mentally and physically