Meeting Law Again

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"Make sure to take your pills, (M/N)"

"Got it, Doctor Chopper"

Smiling, I set the sails and pulled out the Vivre Card with the letter L from my hat. I noticed that Ace's one was half burnt... I hope he was alright. Well he is Fire Fist Ace. I'm sure he'll be fine. Sanji seemed reluctant to let me go but I reassured him that I would be fine. Zoro told me not to end up dead in a ditch which I took as his way of caring. That cool tsun. Luffy had a bright smile while he waved. I took off to sees and followed the way the Vivre Card was inching too. I took my Vivre Card out from when I did some shopping in Water 7 and ripped a small chunk to pass to Luffy.

Two days, thats how long it took to find Law. This man still seemed dead with his eyebags. A hot mess is how I would describe him. Bepo spotted me and waved happily. He was so cute. The fact he skipped over to me with his hand waving in the air and flowers around him was just utterly adorable. Then again, maybe whatever I was sick with was making me see flowers. Walking up to Bepo, I asked to see Law which he happily pulled me towards. There were two other people who I believed were Shachi and Penguin who seemed surprised Bepo was this cheerful with me and not shy.

"Oh? What we have here?" Law asked

"A sick person. I need your help please. I'm sick." I responded bluntly

With just one good look at me, Law could tell that I was indeed sick and took me to the infirmary room after he told his crew to leave us alone. Inside the medical room, I was checked up on when Law used a room and his abilities to scan me. He found the problem quickly lying in my immune system. He seemed displeased with what he saw. I was forced to explain everything I've done the last two weeks. He clicked his tongue about me spending a lot of time in a room with metal fumes. He stopped his ability and sat down opposite of me to explain what had happened. His tired eyes boring into mine.

"Found it, even with my Devil Fruit... It's going to take a day or two to help you. I have a question did you by any chance get exposed to a heavy amount of gold in its liquid form?"

"Yes but that was a while back. Like a few months ago. It was right before I met you and it's why my legs were injured."

"I'll just tell you now, it's Metal Fume Fever. It gives off a flu like reaction and can cause disturbances in your blood. You're body fought it off the first time but with extreme stress and lack of sleep, your immune system was weakened. You're body has been exposed to a lot of zinc and copper  fumes two weeks ago. You said you tinker normally too. That gave you some immunity but not enough. You've got a severe case though."

"Can you... help me? If you want money and sweets then I'll gladly give them to you." I said calmly

"No, I'll treat you first. We can discuss payments afterwards."

Smiling, I thanked Law and he gave me some medicine to take once I finished eating my rice. It was quiet as I ate. He clicked his tongue again when he noticed I had another symptom. Excessive sweat. I blamed it on the food being slightly warm and told him that I had the same result when eating Sanji's food. His eyes hardened with a palm on his forehead. I had to take my shirt off before he started the procedure. The medicine he gave me made my body slightly numb and sleepy so I slept through the entire thing.

The next time I woke up, Law was sleeping in a chair against the wall. My body still felt numb and I was hooked up to an IV tube. I forgot how much these things give me anxiety. Sitting up, I took in the surroundings rather peacefully. It was nice to hear the soft sound of the ticking clock while I looked around the area. It seems he must've operated on my upper body to take out the poison. I felt a lot better. Carefully, I got up and moved around with my IV tube quietly to Law.

It would be impossible to carry him to bed so I grabbed a blanket and draped it over him since it was rather chilly. I realised I was wear a baggy shirt that they usually used in hospitals and I shivered. The submarine was really cold. My breathing hitched slightly when I saw Law twitch before going back to sleep. My heart monitor picking up briefly. I went to my medical bed and went back to sleep. The first few times I've slept properly since Usopp and Luffy fought. I couldn't sleep a wink when they fought which made me weaker when Enies Lobby happened. I didn't properly sleep after that since I helped work on the ship. Now, I could sleep soundly especially with all the discomfort removed so I did.

By the time I woke up, Law was doing a check up on me to ensure I was fine. Our eyes met and his steel gaze was diverted to my monitor. He checked my vitals and even seemed relieved when it was much better. A whole day, I have been sleeping for that long. He told me that I recovered really quickly so I should be glad. He rolled up the newspapers and knocked me on the head lightly, reprimanding me for not realising. Laughing, my anxiety went up slightly which the Heart Monitor picked up on when I saw he was going to pull out the needle.

I wasn't scared... Just nervous since I don't usually trust doctors. I just have a slight distrust to them. I didn't put up a fuss though and braved it like a champ. Law set a plate of food next to me and I gladly ate it. It was good, not as good as Sanji's. I missed Sanji, Zoro and Luffy. Those dumbasses better be alright. I hoped that they haven't somehow made the World Government angry again. Law sat opposite of me and smirked. He must be thinking of the payment.

"So what do you want Law?" I asked

"A lot of things but I'll keep it simple. I want a favour from you sometime in the future."

"Oh sure. As long as I don't end up dead or something just as bad."

Suddenly, Law smirked.

"For now, I just want your name. You're full name."

"You make it sound like I'm signing a contract, (M/N) D. (L/N)"

I agreed to tell him since I thought it was a small price to pay. The World Nobles hated the will of D but I honestly have no idea why. Law just seemed pleased to know my full name. Law stood up and did another quick check before he took away the patch connecting to the heart monitor. I was told I just needed a day of recovery. Law turned slightly pink all of a sudden as he thanked me for putting the blanket on him. I shrugged it off saying it was normal to help people.

The whole day of recovery was certainly an experience. Bepo was so cheery around me that even surprised Law who has never seen Bepo be so bold. Shachi and Penguin made a lot of lewd comments about women while I tried to eat so I chimed in with my own comment of that I wasn't into women shut them up. The whole crew took to me well. In fact, Penguin and Shachi made a mistake that Law was smashing me. I made sure to quickly cover Bepo ears so he wouldn't hear that.

Now I may be a heartless dumbass occasionally but I'm not going to taint innocent minds.

A/N: Law is so going to cash in the favour. Fun fact, originally when Lucci kissed (M/N) on the roof in Water 7, I was going to have him be a feisty kisser because Lucci seems like the type that demands complete dominance. If you like these fun facts then I'll start leaving more of them. Thanks for reading!

 Thanks for reading!