Vibe Check

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"I wonder if God just gave me a vibe check"

An axe had just been hurled at my head but with my Haki, I dodged it. I have decided to call near death experiences, vibe checks from God. I wondered what the hell was going on so I followed the still flying axe. It went into some castle ground but I kept up with it's speed. My Haki foretold a future where this giant mermaid gets hit by the axe so I followed the axe into the room and used kicked it away into the wall. She gasped and began thanking me as she cried. I heard large stomping so she hid me under her blankets until they left. I realised I was enhancing her even though I could tell she didn't have a Devil Fruit by being in contact with her finger.

"So what's your name?"

"(M/N)"

"Thank you (M/N)-sama!" The mermaid cried.

"Woah woah, don't put sama suffix at my name. I'm just a regular human."

"You look familiar... Ah you're the baker! We used to bulk buy from you~ You're sweets are the best! Are you a pirate now? Does that make you bad?"

"Yes I am a pirate now but I'll let you be the judge if I'm good or bad. You shouldn't judge people just because of their professions." I told her.

The mermaid princess called Shirahoshi hugged me while thanking me with tears in her eyes as she explained everything to me about her stalker and his Devil Fruit. She didn't even have to tell me the whole story and I hated the guy. Who tries to kill someone just because they rejected the marriage proposal of a stranger they didn't like. His Devil Fruit was just convenient for the guy. I wanted to kick this guy's ass. Shirahoshi began noticing the enhancing and questioned why she felt good around me. I explained my enhancing abilities. She found it very cool.

"No, drop that or I'm leaving."

"Why not (M/N)-sa"

"Finish that word and I'm really going to leave. I don't like that suffix so please respect that." I explained

"Sorry..." Shirahoshi apologized

"It's fine, just try to refrain from using it." I told her

In the end, I just chilled with Shirahoshi. Three more flying axes came but I took care of them. Luffy came in and knocked the last one away. She hid him when the guards came in by hiding him with me. Accidentally smushing us together in her hands. Luffy turned slightly red but it seemed like even he didn't know why he was turning red and was very confused. Poor oblivious Luffy with his sexual orientation. He just smiled and cuddled into me which I gladly accepted. He began peppering me in kisses on the cheek as he told me he hadn't properly greeted me. I ruffled his hair at that and told him we could properly greet each other later. I was enhancing him a lot.

It turns out, Zoro had been apprehended earlier because they thought Luffy was the reason mermaids were dissepearing. Apparently Chopper, Nami and Usopp had also been captured. I slapped my hand over Luffy's mouth so he wouldn't give us away. We weren't worried about them being captured since they had grown a lot over the last two years. To thank Luffy, she offered him her bread which was extremely large. He was still able to eat it to my surprise. Shirahoshi asked us questions about adventures and the sun which made me feel slightly bad for her.

Shirahoshi told Luffy about the stalker and how she hadn't been outside in ten years and her only friend was the shark Megalo. Luffy stuffed his cheeks so much that Shirahoshi couldn't help but poke them in awe and disbelief making Luffy get upset because he spat his food out like a chipmunk. She cried when she thought Luffy got mad at her as Luffy addressed her as a crybaby. I love that Luffy casually told her that he didn't like her attitude which made her retaliate with more crying as she told Luffy to leave.

"You just need to stop crying so much Shirahoshi. It's good to cry but too much is not good. You'll just dehydrate yourself."

"Waah! You're so nice compared to Luffy-sama!"

Upon Luffy's decision, we decided to help Shirahoshi get outside of the castle for the first time in a decade despite her refusal. After a lot of crying which made Luffy fume, she told us she wanted to go to the Ocean Forest. I smiled and gave her a thumbs up before hearing a large bang. It was another axe. That stalker was persistent. She smiled happily while crying when we reassured her that we would protect her. Luffy had an idea to get her out without being noticed.

Just how smart this idea was is questionable to say the least but I managed to help stuff Shirahoshi into her friend shark. Her face sticking quite adorably out of his mouth. Using my Observation Haki with the combination of sounds. I had found an opening and signalled to Luffy before we left the room in an explosive manner. Luffy and I hopped onto the top of the shark as we left the area, big smiles coating our faces. I bursted out laughing when Shirahoshi promised to be home before dinner.

A grave. That's why Shirahoshi wanted to go to the Ocean Forest. I didn't question it but when she told Luffy and I that she hadn't been there in a decade then I assumed it was one of her family members. We spotted Sanji and Chopper so Luffy jumped down to greet them. I noticed Hacchin was there too. Unfortunately, Megalo couldn't hold it any longer and spat out Shirahoshi. Noticing Sanji would have the worst nose bleed ever if he turned around. I grabbed his face as he flushed and told him to only keep his eyes on me.

"Sanji, uhm just don't turn around"

"Why not?"

"I'll get upset."

A/N:Thanks for reading! Fun fact, (M/N) will be getting some love and care from the crew soon. Second fun fact, Sengoku was actually at Saobody Archipelago to see (M/N) off by coming there with the other Marines. He actually redirected their attention away but (M/N) wasn't actively seeking out Sengoku's Haki so he didn't really notice.

 He actually redirected their attention away but (M/N) wasn't actively seeking out Sengoku's Haki so he didn't really notice