PT.2 C H A P T E R TWELVE

Start from the beginning

She shrugged in response. "I was never the type to get revenge, my gramma raised me better than that which is why I still beat myself up about the Keith shit. But anyways.." she slapped my thigh softly. "Get that girl a damn ring already."

"Why is everybody- my mama said the same shit. Talking 'bout 'Let me know so I can get a pretty dress in advance' it's been nine months!"

She gave me a look. "And? My damn uncle Taylor and his wife got married after five. They've been together for ten years now. Time ain't shit, Y/nn. It's how much you and your person has grown together, how much you endure and overcome."

I hummed and looked away slightly at her wording. I mean.. she did have a point. And I definitely knew Robyn was someone I didn't plan on letting go anytime soon. She was, in Aniya's words, my person. My person for a lifetime hopefully. But first.. gotta meet her folks.

"And one more thing," I stopped my thinking and nodded at her, seeing the mischievous smile on her lips. "It's been a year since Rihanna dropped her album, when's the next one?"

"Oh my goodness." I mumbled and stood up before staring to push the stroller away. "I'm not doing this with you too."

"What? I wanna know when Bad Gal dropping some music- I should get an in, I'm a good baby mama!"

I chuckled as people looked at us in confusion at her words. "I'll tell you one thing.." Her eyes lit up as she nodded. "She dropped the Wild Thoughts video a few days ago-" A groan left lips.

"I said an album, Y/n. Not a featured song.. though that shit is lit- wiiild wild wild."

I dropped my head with a sigh when she started to dance while walking, singing the song like there weren't people around us. "Aniya." She stopped and looked up. "Down girl.."

She slapped my shoulder in response before walking along with me. (Without singing luckily) Now I see how Rob felt when I sung her songs to her in public.. I was still gonna do it though.

For the rest of the day, we just enjoyed one another's presence with minimal cameras thankfully. It really gave us the time to reconnect and be more cordial since everything that's happened. I think it was definitely needed.

-

"This is a mango, Dahlia." I said as I held up the sliced and slightly smashed fruit, watching drool slightly while reaching for it. "This is yellow. A yellow mango." I sat it on her high chair and she slapped her hand on top of it a few times, still being a bit uncoordinated.

Then, she lifted it to her mouth and sucked the juice out. "Mm." She hummed to herself and I smiled when she chewed at it for a moment before reaching for another.

"More?" I said clearly before sitting another piece down, just trying to assign words to actions. That's what my mom told me to do at least.

I watched her eat the fruit in a never ending amazement. Look at my daughter yo.. my daughter. I ran my fingers through her curls before sitting back and continued to feed her the fruit until she was done.

"Ready for your bath, princess?" I picked her up after cleaning the high chair, then carried her to the bathroom where the water was already drew.

I put her little chair bath thingy in, then pulled her diaper off and sat her in it. She was definitely a water baby, I found that out after the first time I carried her in the shower.

So, luckily for me, she entertained herself with splashing the water while I shampooed her hair. And boy did she have some hair. Looking back at my baby pictures, I was pretty sure I didn't have hair this thick when I was five months.. I did have thick hair now but man. Dominican and black mix was no joke I guess.