YOUR PET 2 (BOOK 3)

I check my watch for the nth time and glance around the area for my boyfriend while holding back my tears.

Kai was supposed to be here an hour ago and despite my multiple calls he's still not here.

I'm thinking about saying fuck it and leaving already. It's not like there's anything left for me here.

"Beomgyu! Congratulations on the prize, your writing never fails to amaze me" Hongjoong comes up to me. A year ago his words would have brought me joy beyond belief, but now they add salt to the wound.

Why is it my ex crush congratulating me and not my boyfriend?

"Thank you, it means a lot" I force a smile.

"I can't wait to read your book when it's published, you really are talented" I blush at his words, feeling proud.

"Haha it would be a dream for that to happen"

"It will! Did your boyfriend not come?"

CLATTER BANG "FUCK SORRY" I turn my attention to the ruckus and Lo and behold, my boyfriend has finally showed- knocking over some decorations in the process.

He's still drunk, I could tell from how he walked and the way he was dressed. His suit very obviously thrown in a rush, his shirt untucked and his tie loose around his neck. His curly hair a mess.

He sees me and stumbled over to me. I feel my mood worsen.

"Hey" he says, not even looking at Hongjoong.

"You're late" I wish I could sink into the floor and disappear.

"Hi Kai, how are you?" Hongjoong smiles.

"I feel fucked" Yep, he's definitely still intoxicated.

"It was nice talking to you Joong! Bye!" I grab his elbow and drag him out.

"Where are we going? I just got here!" He complains while we're going down the stairs of the convention to leave.

"There's no reason to stay" my voice is bitter, I'm still holding onto him because I'm afraid he'll fall and crack his head

"Oh because Joong already spoke to you" his jealously gets my blood boiling.

"Because it's over! You missed the whole thing!" I let go of him and face him. His face softened only for a split second.

"Well fuck, why are you so pissed then?"

"Oh my god you're actually the worst"

"Me? You're the one who was flirting with your ex crush!"

"We weren't flirting we were just talking!"

"Talking?" He laughs dryly "about books?"

"About me winning the prize! Remember, the one you were supposed to see me accept but didn't? Fucking hell you couldn't even tuck your shirt in?!"

People are staring now. A cold reminder that we are not alone.

Kai must have sobered up now.

"Let's go home.." he says.

I don't say anything and go first. I don't wait for him to catch up and he doesn't try. He keeps a foot distance between us.