3

"How do I look?" I held my arms out to show off the full extent of my outfit. Huening Kai looked my outfit up and down with a stoic face.

"You look like you're on the hunt for a sugar daddy and you don't care who knows it" I let out a groan while dropping my arms to my sides. I turned back to the mirror and looked at myself again.

"Is it too monochromatic?" I adjusted the blue sunglasses on my face.

"Do you know how to spell monochromatic, Soobin?"

"I know how to kick your ass" My best friend smirked at me and popped a handful of cheese balls into his mouth.

...

"Mayhaps I overdressed" I fidgeted with the hem of my blue button-up shirt.

"At least you'll catch his eye"

"You think so?"

"Totally, I could spot those hideous blue sunglasses from a mile away"

"KAI!"

"I'm kidding! well sorta- but cheer up buttercup, you're hot enough to pull off something ugly" I swallowed hard and looked around the room nervously. This was my first ever party, and I'm thankful that it's nothing like you see on TV and read in books. There weren't people making out in all corner, no girls shirtless, and no boys drinking uncontrollably. The environment was carefree. People dancing, conversing, taking shots and drinking. It wasn't calm but it also wasn't complete chaos.

"This was a bad idea, we should go" I turned to take my leave but Kai stopped me by grabbing my shirt; halting me to a stop and making me turn right back around.

"You are not leaving! we just got here, and I'm still sober"

"W-We can go to a convenience store and you could steal some beer"

"Or, I can drink free alcohol and flirt with hot boys, and you can stay here and finally make a move on tall, dark, and handsome- who by the way is making his way over here as we speak"

"What!?" I looked around frantically, and Kai wasn't lying. Yeonjun was making his way over to me. He wore a tight fit black t-shirt, black jeans, a black belt, red converse, and his silver hair was under a backward black baseball cap.

"Have fun" Kai said cheekily and patted my back encouragingly before skipping off. I glared at him for leaving me, but quickly put on a new face when Yeonjun was in front of me.

"You made it!" He smiled at me, and I felt my knees get weak.

"Yeah! I just got here.."

"I like your outfit, it's really cool" I just know I was blushing; I hope my glasses covered it up.

Should I tell him I chose to wear blue because it's his favorite color?

Would it be too much to say that I want to be his favorite everything?

"I'm trying to make a fashion statement" Why would I say that? that wasn't even true!

"Oh? whats the statement you're going for?"

"blue is the new...black" Yeonjun looked down at his outfit, and then back at me.

"You clowning my outfit?" He asked with a slight smirk on his face.

"All I'm saying is that blue is the new black" He let out a laugh.

I did that :)

"So, how you enjoying the night?"

"Not bad for my first party" I admitted.

"Woah, it's your first party? awww, you're such a baby still" He pinched my cheeks and cooed. I slapped his arms away.

"S-shut up"

I don't wanna be a baby.

I wanna be your baby.

"Soobin, I actually want to talk to you about something"

"Yeah?"

"Well, it's your first party, so if you're going to drink then make sure to stay close to me"

"Okay! but why?" Yeonjun didn't get to answer my question, because my stupid cousin Jisung made an appearance.

"Little cousin! you actually left the library for once!" He wrapped an around my shoulders and put all his weight on me. I could smell Soju on his breath.

Over the years Jisung grew out of being a jerk, but when he's drunk he still becomes obnoxious.

"I'm not always in the library" I defended myself.

"Suuure! oh, hey Yeonjun! I was looking for you" Jisung said once he noticed Yeonjun was here too.

"Why?" Yeonjun raised a brow, he looked slightly confused.

"We're playing some drinking games by the pool and you're coming. I'd invite you too Soobin but you've never drank and-"

"I'm not a kid Jisung! I can handle a few drinks" I whined.

"Soobin, he's right. These drinking games are-"

"You heard the big boy, Yeonjun. He can handle a few drinks" Jisung smirked and patted my cheek before dragging me off to the pool. Yeonjun following beside me.