6

Mew and the kids were enjoying their time as a family for the first time in a long time. It makes Mew felt a bit relaxed and relived because finally the thoughts of their kids hating him had vanished little by little. After a good amount of time filling their stomach at Ronald's, Mew brought the kids to the place where him and Gulf first meet.

It's a park with a huge lake near his old university. It's been years since he went there with his sweetheart. Only few landscape changes. But everything still the same. They went to the bench under a large tree. Place where they always spent their day after lectures classes. 

"What's this place,dad?" Asked Grace as they sat on the bench. The tree were decorated with lights to make the place brighter also make it more fairytale like. "It's a place where me and your papa first meet." Said Mew. "Tell us the whole story,papa." Said Mark and Grace nod his head as a sign of agreement.

"It's all started with a book."

20 Years Ago

Mew was searching for a novel that he saw yesterday but it's nowhere to be seen. 'Maybe someone borrowed it. I should ask the librarian who is reading the book currently.' Mew thought and walk to the library counter. "Phi,can I know who is the person that were currently reading  the novel If I Never Met You?" He asked the librarian. The librarian looked through the record book and tell Mew the book lender's name. "His name is Gulf Kanawut.  2nd year student of Mathematics Department." said the lady and continue to do her task after Mew thanked her.

'Looks like that Gulf person really look up for that novel. Who would walk from Mathematics building to Engineering building just for a novel? I should search for him now . ' Mew thoughts and walk to his motorcycle since the mathematics building are quiet far from his building. 

3 minutes after he parked near the building. Everyone were in awe when they saw the popular guy from engineering department walking through their department's hall. Mew asked a group of girls that looks like 2nd year student since they brought a 2nd year textbook. "Do you girls know Gulf Kanawut?" He asked. The blushing girls nod while trying to suppress their scream. "Do you know where he is?" One of the girl answered his question. " We don't know where he is but you can ask his bestfriend Mild. He is at the table at the student pavilion." She answered. Mew thanked the girls and they continue to fangirl.

At the student pavilion, Mew saw a student studied with his earphone on. Mew reached the guy and hold his shoulder. The guy paused his Walkman cassette player and take of his headphone. "What do you want?" He glared at Mew. "Do you know where is Gulf Kanawut?" He asked the guy. He's pretty sure that's Mild because of the name tag on his lanyard. "Maybe you can find him at the park near the university. Specifically under the biggest tree you can find." Said Mild as he replace his cassette with another cassette that he brought. "Okay thanks." Mew said as he wanted to walk away from that place. Suddenly, Mild stop him. " Wait up,mister-" He look at Mew's engineering student's outer wear . "Suppasit. Please gave this cassette to my friend,Gulf. If you find him. If not, I will ask him to find you. Don't lose it or Gulf will kill me." Mild gave him a cassette.

It's a Titanic songs cassette. 

Mew were judging the human being named Gulf's music taste. 

He then proceed to take his motorcycle to the park and searched for the biggest tree there. He could see a guy were sleeping on the bench under the tree. Mew approach the guy and he's stunned .

Tanned honey skin. Pink lucious lips. Pointed nose. His black hair that looked so soft. His long fingers were resting on the novel on his torso. He looked so peaceful that Mew doesn't have any heart to wake him up. But his hands were brushing Gulf's hair that were covering his temple making the guy flinches and woke up from his sleep.

"Who are you?! What are you doing?!" Asked Gulf panicked. Who doesn't panicked when an unknown guy touching your hair without your consent. "I'm Mew. Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat. I'm sorry for touching your hair but I only wanted to give you a cassette from Mild." Said Mew quickly. Mew heart flutters when he see Gulf's eyes flutter as he heard the word cassette. Mew gave him the Titanic song's cassette. "Thank you,Mew." Said Gulf. 

The small thank you are able to make Mew heart burst. Shit this guy is cute as fuck. Mew thought as he stare at Mew nearly forgetting his real intention. "Um, actually Gulf I wanted to borrow that novel from you. I mean I knew it's from the library but I rarely get to see that novel and I really need to read it." Mew explained.

Gulf thinking for a while and asked Mew." Emm.. Do you have any plan after this?" And Mew shook his head. " I have trouble with reading because I will sleep. If you want to read it as soon as possible you can read it loudly. We still have plently of time. The novel aren't that thick I am sure you can read it in just a couple hours." Gulf suggested. Mew just agree with the suggestion and take a sit beside Gulf.

Mew started to read the novel as Gulf pay attention to the latter's voice. Gulf felt like the new person that he met had such a beautiful voice. It's soothing and relaxing. Making him slowly fall into deep slumber. Gulf started to fall inside his deep sleep and start to lean on Mew's shoulder. Mew were shocked when Gulf's head landed on his shoulder but he just let the boy sleep on his shoulder and he continue to read the book but this time not as loud as before since Gulf already fell asleep.

"And then,did you gave him a ride home?" Grace asked. Mew nod and received a cheer from his kids. "I thought you never love him." Said Mark slowly as he tried to make the situation less sad. Both Grace and Mark could see a huge regret and sadness inside their dad's eyes. "I love him soo much,Mark. More than I love myself. But like what people always said, You will miss someone as the went away from our life." Mew said and three of them fall in silence for a few seconds.

"Let's go home,dad. Tomorrow we need to prepare for the party." Grace break the silence and they went back to their home.