Storm the Castle

Things were moving quickly, frighteningly so. There were only a few more meetings that took place before the designated day that you'd move in to attack. One of which took place with only the Kid gang and involved the plan for dissolving the alliance. Kid had decided the best course of action was to lure them into his choice of battlefields sometime after taking down the other groups with the promise of a celebratory party and a chance to talk about dividing the city.

Of course it'd be implied that sharing was Killer's idea to make it more believable. You were beginning to notice he actually didn't do much in the way of providing better suggestions to Kid, more like he just made what Kid wanted to do more, well, doable. It was more like appeasing his friend and upping their chances of success. But you couldn't complain about that, it always seemed to work.

Before getting to that though, there was a different enemy to take down. And today was the day.

You sat on the edge of your designated building, kicking your feet over the edge as you waited for the vehicle to pull up. It was supposed to be a blue car with Capone's gang symbol on full display on the hood. Not subtle by any means, but that made it all the easier to target.

The car's destination was a restaurant, one Capone was supposed to meet up with Hawkins in. The other gang leader was, in theory, going to come out to greet him and they'd go in together. That'd make it easy to target them both. By going for them here, there'd be a chance of less members being involved. You were worried about the number of civilians nearby though.

The place was already packed, you could tell by the number of cars occupying the parking lot. You were going to have to be very careful to avoid killing, more so than you'd ever been. As of the last meeting, your job was to swoop in and separate the two leaders and then take on Capone, forcing him to focus on you. From there, Luffy and his group will take on Hawkins and his underlings while the Kids crew and the Heart gang whittle down Capone's numbers, protecting you at the same time.

It was simple, straightforward, and you were afraid there were too many ways for it to go wrong. This kind of work stressed you out and you couldn't wait to be done with it.

Everyone else was waiting in different positions around the restaurant, ready to jump into action the second you had completed the first part of your job.

You perked up the second a blue car came into view, swinging around in front of the valet. The crest was impossible to miss, a castle with cannons branching out from the bottom, framing a face made to represent Capone with a black hat on its head and a cigar poking out from between it's teeth. It was game time.

Your heart started beating faster as you leaned forward a bit. The building you were on towered over your target, they couldn't see you unless they were looking for trouble. As expected, Hawkins stepped out from under the restaurant's awning as Capone pulled himself out of the back seat of the car. You pushed off the building, letting yourself fall.

This was your first time doing a shift midair and you had to admit, it was exhilarating. It took all of a couple seconds, but for that short time, you had such an adrenaline rush. When you fell onto the car, making it crumble like paper under your weight, you let out a scream, puffing flames out from between your teeth. The men startled and jumped back, successfully creating more space between them.

Hawkins shouted something but you were on the move and completely ignored him. He wasn't your job, Luffy had him. Instead, you slammed your head into Capone, sending him tumbling into the street before puffing out your feathers and letting out another scream.

"I told you how this would play out Hawkins!" Capone shouted as he regained his footing to face you, biting angrily at the end of his cigar.

There was no response from behind you, just the sounds of the fight starting up on Luffy's end. Men poured out of the restaurant, only to be beaten back by his crew.