Restless Battleground

The removal of the On Air gang was the spark that ignited an all out gang war in the city. It had been tense for the longest time, all the important figures restless with the want to claim the territory as their own since the day it had become up for grabs. While the goal was originally to systematically take down groups until only the alliance remained, many of the smaller gangs were practically wiping themselves out.

The common denominator happened to be greed. Too many leaders were excited with the idea of a final power struggle and went headlong into fights they couldn't win. Other gangs had decided to go through similar routes to your alliance's, taking down others they knew couldn't stop them to remove the competition. Some even formed alliances as well.

The police couldn't keep up with the sudden surge of activity. At first, that worked in your benefit. If they couldn't keep track of everything going on, it was all the easier to go through with operations and stick to fighting on one front instead of two. But that didn't last long.

With the increasing number of fights between gangs, different police forces were brought in from outside the city. Plenty of their numbers were devil fruit users and those that weren't came armed with seastone in one form or another. Everything from cuffs to bullets and weapons.

A part of you felt pity for all the civilians caught up in this, but thoughts about that were fleeting. There was too much to be done and too much danger to be worrying about how others handled things.

The faces of everyone important in their respective gangs were plastered everywhere, on the internet and on physical posters spread throughout the city. The police were going as far as to look for outside help in calming all the violent activity and were not afraid to reach out for bounty hunters or anyone else who thought themselves tough enough to take people like you on. Everyone had a price on their head and some gang members found that to be an excellent way to make quick cash.

It'd gotten to the point that you could hardly walk down the street without being recognized by the public or getting attacked by someone looking for a nice payday. The same applied to Kid, Killer, and the rest of the higher ups in the gang. Things were getting hectic to say the least.

But on the flip side, you no longer had a problem shifting out in the open or flying around the city. People knew who you were, more so than ever now. There was no point in hiding it. And despite everyone coming home, bruised and battered on a regular basis, there wasn't a single person who wasn't having the time of their life in one way or another. Most of the crew reveled in the fights. Those that tolerated them lived for the celebratory parties. The notoriety the gang had earned was worn like a proud badge.

All in all, things with the alliance were going well.

With the surge of violence going around, it didn't take long for the rough area of the top gangs' hideouts to become common knowledge. It was to the point that both the Heart and Strawhat crew knew your exact location and vice versa. While Kid wasn't too pleased with that, it actually made getting some things done easier. Not to mention the Strawhats loved coming by often to hang out. The only issue you personally had with that was there was more than one occasion when Luffy just let himself in to your apartment. One time you were in the middle of getting changed and Killer didn't hesitate to boot him out for that. Your partner didn't like the idea of someone else seeing you like that.

Random visits aside, with everything going so well, meetings were held often. Law was forever the careful planner of the alliance and insisted that it was necessary to always be prepared for the worst, especially when things went so smoothly. Luffy went along with it well enough, simply because he enjoyed spending time after the important details were taken care of to catch up and hang out with the gangs. He seemed to confuse the word alliance with friendship, though you couldn't judge. Despite Killer's warnings, you found you really liked the Strawhats and even some of the Heart gang. You'd never tell your partner about that, he'd freak out for sure.