Chapter 6: Revelations

Start from the beginning

"Not so tough now, are you Cade boy?" I heard a jeering voice.

"What did you think you were trying to achieve huh? Were you crying out for daddy's attention by creating problems at school? Tell you what? He doesn't give a damn about you. You are worthless. You are nothing but trash Lucas picked up out of pity. So tone down your crappy behaviour or you will regret it. How many times do I have to tell you to behave properly in school?" The man asked before the punches started again. I looked at my phone in confusion.

"Let him go! You might hurt an organ if you stomp on his stomach like that." I heard Chris's voice. He seemed to be crying.

"Ah..another trash bag." The man said with a deep sigh. I heard a grunt.

"Chris..leave. Please." I heard Cade's wheezing voice.

"No. I can't leave you." His voice was shaky and scared.

"Ooh? You can't?" The man sneered before there were loud noises and Cade crying out to stop. Chris was also crying or I think it was Chris.

"Let him go! Please. I'll listen to you." Cade told him.

"Huh? Are you ordering me, trash?" The man asked threateningly, before there was a crunching sound.

"Enough. You are not supposed to smash his face." I heard a woman's voice that sounded eerily like Mairi's.

"But him and these brats are pissing me off. Who do they think they are to act out like this? You should control this crappy behaviour better." The man snapped. There were whooshing sounds that eerily sounded like a whipping.

"Please..just let Chris go." I heard Cade sobbing.

"I will..if you promise to not get in trouble with the principal again." He told me.

"Why is dad not here?" Cade asked, sounding hurt.

"Hey! Did you really think Lucas would come here if you acted up like this? He has better things to do than attend to your whining. Just grow up already. I told you, he doesn't care. But if Lucas gets called into see the principal's office one more time, I am going to start by taking out your internal organs. Do I make myself clear?" The man asked him.

Cade didn't reply.

"I said do you understand?" The man screamed.

"Y-yes." I heard Cade's nervous reply.

"Good and you are not going to tell Luc about any of this like always. Say yes like a good boy." He told Cade.

There was no reply for the longest time.

"Hey bitch, were you listening?" The man screamed and I heard the sound of cracking whip.

"What are you thinking huh? You think your daddy would believe you over me? Try opening that little mouth and I'll show you hell." The man said and there was a smashing sound.

"Enough. That's enough. Cade..you need to stop this pathetic behaviour. If you think Luc would look at you kindly for hurting other children, you are very wrong. He has his principles despite being a gangster and one of that is not hurting innocent bystanders. Whatever your plan is, it hasn't been working. The more you rebel the more you walk straight into our hands. Stop crying for attention all the time will you? Are you that willing to get a beating straight from Lucas for the mere chance that he might figure something is up? You think you are smart but we can see what you are doing. It's not going to help. If you do this again one more time and the principal calls us, you will severely regret it. Just give up already. If you can't stand your reality there are other options to release your stress than hitting your school mates." The woman said.