Chapter 35: Devil In Her Heart

(Trigger Warning: This chapter mentions Anorexia, which is an eating disorder...you have been warned)

Derek sat in the waiting room with his grandma, waiting for his name to be called to go back and see his therapist when a tall woman came into the waiting room. "Derek Samuels?" She said.  Derek looked up and got up from the chair, following the lady back to a room, which was painted a greenish-blue color, which had a desk and had two chairs, along with a couch. "Take a seat, Dr.Marshall will be in with you shortly." Derek nodded and sat down. "Wait." the lady looked at him. "Yeah?"  

"I didn't catch your name."

"Dr. Andrea Johnson, I'm Dr.Marshall's assist, now, Dr.Marshall will be in a few," Dr.Johnson said, walking out of the room, Derek bouched his leg as he sat on the chair, he felt pressured into talking to some strange person about his issues but he knew that Dr.Marshall would help him, cause he hated the feeling of being under so much.   He got jumped out of his thoughts as he looked over his shoulder to see a short woman. "You must be, Derek Samuels?" She said, smiling, she looked at Derek, her blue eyes cut through him. "Yes, I am."

"I'm Dr. Derica Marshall, your therapist." Dr. Marshall said She sat down at her desk which was across from the chair Derek was sitting in. "What brought you here to see me?"

"My grandma thinks I should talk about my past with my battle against Anorexia."

Dr. Marshall sat back in her chair. "Oh, I see, can you tell me about it?"

Derek took his glasses off.  "I got diagnosed with it when I was eleven." Derek began, "It sucked bad, I was always in a bad place, I used to shut people out," He felt himself getting emotional. "I even... shut my best friend out, I shouted at him when he was trying his hardest to make me eat, trying everything he could to help me." Dr.Marshall handed him a box of tissues.  "I'm taking a guess, your best friend means a lot to you."

"Yeah, He does, Cory Sanders, He's my best friend, I would do anything for him." Derek said, "I would, He's just one of my best friends, I couldn't imagine my life without him, He was always there for me and..... he even caught me trying to make myself sick, he tried so hard to help me but I was so so....sick in the head, thinking, I was healthy, while I wasn't, Cory could see it too but I thought I wasn't, over the fact,  I thought to weigh .70 pounds was normal."

"Cory seems like a nice person to help you when you needed the help." Dr. Marshall said

"And I was always pale-looking, I was always happy though," Derek began to speak, "My friends were all worried about me and I just shut them all out, I couldn't believe it now, looking back at it, why was I so stubborn to them, I was always mean to Cory, My best friend, why was I so mean to him." 

"You guys still friends though?"

"Yes, We are." 

"That's good."  Dr.Marshall said, "Having a friend, who cares about you as much as you described Cory, having someone there for you is always a good thing." Derek nodded. "I heard from your grandma, that her and your mother are going to court, What're your thoughts about that?"  Derek sighed, feeling the tears burn in his eyes. "The truth is I hate my mother," Derek began, wiping his eyes with the tissue. "She was never there for me, she left me when I was two months old, my grandparents have been there for me since I was born, they love me so much, the only way I felt loved." Dr.Marshall looked at Derek, feeling sorry for him. "How would you describe your mother?"

"Hateful, Abusive, has a drinking problem, mean, likes to fight." Derek named off, "selfish, runs Queen down to me." Dr.Marshall nodded as Derek spoke. "What do you want from your mom?"

"I want her to love me." Derek cried, "I want her to love me, that's all I want, but she doesn't show me, love," Dr.Marshall looked at him. "Does your mother abuse you?"