Chapter 15:Dance and Will you go?

~November 22nd~

It was Andrew's 13th birthday, Everyone in his family came, so did his friends, Derek,James,Sarah,and Cory. Robert was suppose to come yet when Sarah called him,he didn't answer, Which she knew since she talked to Sara Hayes.

Andrew's mom wanted to make sure Andrew had his friends over, He liked to hang out with his friends, They were goofy and made themselves laugh so hard that they cried.

So,When they were eating cake, Andy's mother told them to go to the living room and eat in there. Andrew and his friends did as Andrew's mother ask of them;They talked and talked,laughed and talked some more.

"Okay,So i don't know if you guys know this or not." Cory said after his laughing fit was over.

"What?" Derek asked as he shoved another bite of cake into his mouth.

"There is a dance coming up."

"Oh,i heard of the dance." Sarah chimed in, whipping some white icing off of her chin.

"What is the dance called?" James asked

"Its a Fall dance." Cory replied to James' question.

"Oh,I'm good at that."

"We know,James." Andrew answered, "We know."

"No,Like a dance which is the guys ask the girls."

Sarah looked down at her haft eaten cake, She knew Robert would not ask her out,since She talked to Sara Hayes, She changed her mind about Robert,asking her out little over three times, telling her he liked her and asking her out on the second date,kissed her on the cheek and put his arm around her at the movies? Now,he's getting back together with Leah? Why was she so stupid to fall for him?

"So,Derek are you going to ask Shelly out to the dance?"

Derek looked at James, since Andrew,Cory and James found out Derek likes Shelly,They been picking on him badly. He laughs about it,he knew they were picking on him cause he was friends with them...Friends do pick on each other,right?

"Me,Why would she want to go out to a dance with me?" Derek asked

"Well,She might like you back." Cory replied, "I'm not trying to be matchmaker but she probably does like you."

"Why would you say that?"

James and Andrew looked at one another.

"I heard she likes Queen." Andrew answered

"She watches Supernatural, You like that show." James chimed in.

Derek looked at them both, He knew they were looking out for him,They knew if they didn't look out for him,he could get heartbroken.

"Its like Mary Austin and Freddie Mercury all over again with Shelly and I." Derek replied, He knew how Freddie broke Mary's heart when he finally came out to her, She broke up with him and became friends with him until the day he died.

"Wait....Just wait..." Andrew said,"Mom,Can i have some ice cream?"

"Yes,Andy."

"Oh,Sweet."

"Yeah."

"But anyways,What does ice cream have to do with my Shelly problem?"

"It doesn't,I just wanted ice cream."

Derek rolled his eyes and focus on his slice of cake that he just took two bites out of.
Love and having a crush is something,Derek wanted to not have duirng his recovering stage,He and Shelly went out once,He wasn't like Robert,No the plain option of Robert,Derek knew Robert played Sarah, Derek wasn't like that, If it was him and Shelly, Derek would be texting Shelly and calling her daily or when he could and try to talk to Shelly,Robert was different,Sarah was hurt,Derek knew she was hurt by Robert, standing her up like that,Sarah always looked out for him,he is returning the favor of looking out for her. It's just why would Robert do that? Robert was a nice guy,yet he did this? How could he?
"So,Derek," Sarah said breaking the silence.
Derek looked at her.
"What?"
"Cory said, You're in recovery."
"Yeah,I am."
"He also said,You went out with Shelly.'
Derek looked at her.
"Cory."
Cory looked at Derek.
"What?"
"You told me you wouldn't say anything."
"Uh..." Cory stuttered,"Oh,Andrew is calling me I gotta go." As he got up and walked to the kitchen.
"He's weird."
Derek and Sarah laughed.
"So,The new ship name is Shellrek?" Sarah asked
Derek looked at her.
"What?"
"Shellrek."
"What's Shellrek?"
"Shelly plus Derek equals Shellrek." Sarah informed.
"Oh." Derek said,"The last ship I ever heard since Destiel."
"What is Destiel?"
"Dean Plus Castiel equals Destiel." Derek replied
"Oh."
"Like,When she wants to ask me out,I will be ready."
"Derek,that's not how that works,The guy ask the girl out."