Chapter 23:Mama,Life has just Begun,wait what!

"Why do you have to practice this?" Sidney asked,looking at Andrew's script of the musical. "It's for the play,Sid." Andy replied,looking at her. "Who's Freddie played by?"

"Me." Derek said,pushing his glasses back onto his face. "Wow,Freddie Mercury in glasses,you don't see that everyday."
Derek rolled his eyes at Sidney. "You nervous?" She asked. "Yeah,I am." He looked at Andy. "So,who do you play again."
"John Deacon."
"Doesn't surprise me." She walked away and disappear up the stairs.
"How are you since five hours ago." Andy asked,looking at Derek. "I'm fine,just ready to get a shower." He replied,getting up from the stool chair that he was sitting on. "Go ahead,the shower is all yours." Derek walked to Andy's bedroom and grabbed his overnight bag, pulling out his oversize t-shirt along with some PJ bottoms and boxers. He turned and was about to walk out the door,he stopped in his tracks,looking at himself in Andy's dresser mirror. Derek was by himself,he took his shirt off to look at himself in the mirror,he actually looked.....heathly, feeling full of energy anymore,he felt like he was living instead of dying....dying young from an eating disorder that once was controlling him and his every mood. He couldn't believe that two years of thinking .70 pounds was healthy and looking like a walking skeleton was normal. He remembered all the times he snapped at his friends over the dumbest things.
"James,you are such a freaking idiot!" Derek snapped,grabbing all his papers and papercliping them together.
"Derek,I'm sorry." James replied,Derek looked at him. "Why am I even friends with you!" Derek shouted, throwing the papers at James. "Well,sorry!" He shouted back,walking away.
"James,I'm sorry,I didn't mean it."
Derek snapped out of his thoughts as Andy came walking in. "Oh,I'm sorry,were you uh....what were you even doing?'
"Just thinking." Derek replied,he turned and faced Andy. "You got a six pack going on there." Derek looked down. "Oh,yeah,I do." He replied,"even though I gained about six pounds."
"Good for you!" Andy said,brushing his bangs out of his eyes. "Yeah,I wish my mom was as happy as you about me being in recovery." Derek's mother and him never really talked about his recovery or how much weight he gained so far,to be honest, they never really talked about anything. His mother was never really there for him,while he was growing up,he was left with his grandparents,which thanks to his grandfather,he's growing up to be a hard working young man just like him when he was Derek's age,he also became a gentleman like him, Which Derek was so thankful for.
"You excited about the musical?" Andy asked,Derek looked at him. "Yes,I'm really nervous." He took his glasses off and clean them,putting them back onto his face,looking at Andy. "I'm just so nervous about the whole thing."
"Don't be,you got the part of Freddie Mercury,Your idol." Andy began,"You'll do fine."
"You sure?"
"Yes."
"I hope you are right,Andrew."
"I know,I am." Sidney came walking into Andy's room with his script for the musical in her hand."Why is this song one line say,Mama,just killed a man,put a gun against his head pulled my trigger now he's dead?" Sidney said,reading it from the script."And why does it say after that line,Mama Life has just begun?" Andy grabbed the script from her. "Can you do me a favor and go away." Sidney crossed her arms. "You are so rude,I'm telling mom!" She walked out of Andy's room and marched down the stairs.

"Just be glad you're an only child,Derek." Andy said,looking back at Derek,who was sitting on his bed,shirtless. "I'm glad I am too, 'cause my mom couldn't take care of two kids," Derek replied, "She can't even take care of the one she already has." He got up from Andy's bed,facing Andrew. "I would hug you but you don't have a shirt on." Derek nodded,taking his glasses off. "Yeah,I better go get a shower." he walked off and into the bathroom he went,closing the door behind him, going to the shower and turning the shower on,there was a knock at the bathroom door, Derek opened it. "Derek,you forget your clothes." Andrew blabbed, handing Derek his clothes. "Thank you,Andy." "You're very welcome,Deek." Derek closed the bathroom door afterwards, turning around and checking the shower water,which the water was boiling hot....Just the way Derek liked it,taking his jeans off and boxers, he jumped into the shower, the boiling hot water hit his tiny frame as he begun to wash his hair,feeling his skin burn from the hot water,he really didn't care, it never really mattered to him,knowing it felt like the water was burning his skin off which it wasn't, this gives him some time to think about some stuff.
"Why didn't Shelly dropped out of the play over our fight?" Derek thought to himself. "She probably wants to talk and try to work things out and try to be friends again." He was still pretty ticked off at her,she broke his heart,he still wasn't over the whole thing,Shelly,on the other hand,wanted to dropped the whole thing and Derek was holding a grudge,he was beyond mad and hated her,he had other things in his life that was going on,such as Cory being in the hospital still,his mother being a drunk and being mean to him and the play coming up in two weeks,which was all too much for him. He stood underneath the shower head,water running down his back,making his back all red from the water being boiling hot, Derek looked up,water getting into his eyes,while he washed all the soap out of his hair,putting in conditioner,he couldn't stop thinking about how Denise acted with him at the last play practice that they had. How Denise was going to tell him something but stopped and walked away. What did she want him to know but she couldn't get the words out? He even said,he wouldn't judge her if she told him,she freaked out on him,she looked like she was crying,walking away,confusing him,ever since Derek met her,she seem shy like Andrew,but she was a girl,it kinda made her cute in a way. He got snapped out of his thoughts as the shower water got into his mouth,which was mixed with conditioner,spitting the mixer of water out,this is why he doesn't think about other things such as girls while he showers,he didn't believe that he was actually thinking about another girl after Shelly broke his heart, He didn't talk to Shelly for almost two whole weeks,which didn't matter to him,he really didn't care if they even talk anymore,after what she did to him,he hated her;he couldn't even stand it, he never thought he would hate Shelly, she was always there for him, while he was deadly sick with Anorexia,how they used to hang out like every single day after school,text each other every night, face time one another non-stop and call one another sometimes,that's when Derek began to have a crush on her,now looking back on all of it, It was just a joke, everything was all the Snaps they sent each other, All the Direct Messages on Instagram, All the text messages,all the times they called, all the times they face-time each other....it was all a big joke and Derek thought they had a good chemistry going on but he was wrong, so wrong, It was all Sara Hayes' fault, She should've shut her mouth and minded her own business but she had to nose into Derek's and thanks to her, Shelly and him aren't speaking to one another;Derek couldn't believe Sara, he actually could believe it 'cause Sara and him hated one another, something about her,made Derek hate her, he didn't know what it was but he hated her,Sara hated him,which was totally fine with Derek,he had other friends to keep him busy. "Derek." Andrew said through the bathroom door. "You okay in there?"