Chapter 3:Derek's Anorexia and struggles afterwards.

Derek got up from the toilet;The taste of bile still in his mouth. he almost threw up again. Sarah asked him last Monday if he was alright,he said he was fine, no he wasn't. His Anorexia came back after Leah called him fat, he started to believe her. Was he actually fat?

He knew that Cory,James and Andrew helped him overcome his Anorexia;By making him eat. Derek was angry at his friends for making him eat at that time but Derek knew they were trying to help him out.

"Why...Did i lie to Sarah?" Derek croaked the taste in his mouth was making him sick to his stomach. he flushed the toilet and washed his hands.

"Derek," Derek's mother called, "Dinner's ready." Derek walked out of the bathroom and walked down stairs.

He saw his mother sitting at the table,eating her dinner.

Derek sat down at the table;His mother looked at him.

"Derek,have something to eat." Derek's mother insisted

Derek slugged back into his chair. Derek didn't even tell his mother that his Anorexia came back.

"Derek,honey;Are you alright?" His mother asked worried

"Mama,I'm not feeling well." Derek lied

Derek's mother looked at him.

"Derek,sweetie,you didn't eat dinner yesterday or the day before;is everything alright?" Derek's mother asked

Derek looked at his mother,knowing she was worried about him not eating

"Ma,I'm not hungry."

"Dear,please eat some of your dinner." Derek's mother said as Derek started to cry.

"Ma,I think my Anorexia is back." Derek cried as his mother looked at him in shock.

"Derek,honey;It's alright." His mother muttered  as she hugged him.

"No,it's not." Derek sobbed into his mother's shoulder, "I would never ever heal from this."

"Derek,Sweetie;You're a Samuels , you can do anything or fight anything." as she dried his tears.

"You sure?" Derek asked his mother nodded.

"Derek,I raised you to be a hard working young man;This Eating disorder will not, i mean will not break you." Derek's mother said, "You had it for two years and you fought it and you can do it again." Derek token his mother's words, as a sign of hope;he wanted to get better and have a normal childhood. he ate some of his dinner,which made his mom happy, he felt like he was about to get sick over him eating but his mother said,only a few bites made her happy.

An hour later....

Derek looked at himself in the mirror;Derek was disgusted by what he saw.

"Leah was right;I am fat." Derek stuttered as he started to cry. "How can my mom love me?"

Derek's mom heard his words outside of his room. She also cried.

Derek couldn't stand seeing himself like that. he walked into the bathroom and token another look into the mirror. "Why am i not skinny?" Derek asked as he stuck two fingers into his mouth,down his throat and threw up. Derek's mother cried outside his bedroom door,hearing her son go through that much.

"My poor baby." She cried, "If i could only help him through this." she knew she can't.

That Tuesday....

Sarah walked down the hall to her locker, she saw Derek. The friendly person she is, she wanted to say hey.

"Hey,Derek." Sarah said with a huge smile.