Chapter 26: Big Brother X3

"When were you going to tell me this?" Cory asked, crossing his arms, looking at his best friend. "Why did you keep this from me?" Derek knew Cory was upset.  "I wasn't keeping it just from you, I was keeping it from everyone,"  Derek replied, "Not just you, I didn't want no one to worry about me." he threw his cup away and walked away. "Derek," Cory said, walking after his best friend. "Wait, I didn't mean to upset you."  He chased after him, Derek didn't want to hear what Cory had to say.  "Derek Paul Samuels," Cory called, that made Derek stop in his tracks, he turned around to face Cory. "Cory Matthew Sanders," Derek said, putting his hands on his hips, looking at him. "Deek, I'm sorry, I didn't know about your family issue, I feel bad, can you ever forgive me?"  Derek was looking down at the floor, while Cory talked.  Without thinking, Derek started to punch Cory in the chest, trying his hardest not to cry.  "Deek, calm down!" Cory blabbed, taking his hands and holding them with a firm grip. "Cory, let go of me!" Derek demanded, trying to break away from his grip, but it was no use... Cory had a good grip on him. "Not until, you calm down." He replied, looking at Derek, who was struggling to get away from his grip."I'm not letting go until you calm down." Derek knew that getting angry and upset about this whole thing was no use.  "Are you good now?" Derek looked at him. "Yeah,I think so." Derek replied. "Okay,I'm going to drop your arms now." Cory said, letting go of his arms. "Now,since i got you calm down, Why did you start to hit me in the chest?" Derek looked at him. "I was fighting back tears." He replied, pushing his glasses back onto his face, looking at Cory.  "I didn't want to cry."

"So,hitting me in the chest was the best way to release anger, instead of using your words?" Cory asked, crossing his arms, lending against a wall. "I guess." Derek said, looking at him. "Deek,I hate to say this but you need help."  he replied, looking at Derek. "You need help."  That's when Derek finally snapped.  "I know, I know I need help, I have no idea how to talk to people, I don't know what 's wrong with me." He said, feeling the tears form in his eyes. "I need help, Cory, I do." Cory wrapped his arms around Derek in a hug. "It's okay,I'm right here." Cory blabbed. He knew Derek was super duper upset about the whole custody battle that his mom and grandma were having, He couldn't imagine how upset Derek must be.  "Look, I'm sorry, Cory,I'm sorry." Derek cried. "Hey,Hey, It's okay,I'm not mad."  "You sure?" "Yes,I am,Deek." Derek felt so  bad about hitting Cory in the chest, why would he do that to his best friend? Out of all people why did he do it to Cory?  He knew him and Cory could just pass by this and there wouldn't be no hard feelings.

~After School~ (Play practice)

"Let's go chasing rainbows in the sky,It's my invitation,Let's all take a trip on my ecstasy,I'm Mr. Bad Guy,Yes, I'm everybody's Mr Bad Guy," Derek sang, "Can't you see I'm Mr. Mercury,Oh, spread your wings and fly away with me." He looked up to the ceiling, starting the next line. "Your big daddy's got no place to stay,Bad communication, I feel like the President of the USA."  holding the note a little longer then Freddie did when he sang it. "Mr. Bad Guy, yes I'm everybody's Mr Bad Guy,Can't you see I'm Mr. Mercury," He sang, "Oh, spread your wings and fly away with me!"  He turned the page to sing the next few lines. "I'm Mr. Bad Guy, they're all afraid of me,I can ruin people's lives,Mr. Bad Guy, they're all afraid of me,It's the only way to be." Derek looked up at James, Robert, Andrew and Cory. "You guys ready to hear me hit this next note?" They all nodded. "That's my destiny,Mr. Bad Guy, Mr. Bad Guy, Mr. Bad Guy."

"He's a natural."  Robert said, looking at Cory.  "You should hear him when he sings "Devil In her heart" by The Beatles." Cory replied. 

"It's the only way to be,It's my destiny, oh yeah." Derek sang, looking into the mirror. "Mr. Bad Guy, yes I'm everybody's Mr Bad Guy,Can't you see this is my destiny,Oh, spread your wings and fly away with me!" All four of the boys clapped for him.  "That was freaking great, Deek." Andy said, everyone looked at him. "What?"