Chapter 28:Pratice makes perfect

(Quick A/N: I have some great news, The picture for this chapter is the new girl to the crew!(Denise Adams shocked), He name is Alisa Bussell, She is the Ex-girlfriend of Andrew John Hamilton, I decided since my school is now out for the rest of the year due to COVID-19 and Well, the teacher that Alisa is named after, she doesn't know I'm doing this for her, cause It's been buzzing in my head for a couple of weeks now and I finally did it! eek! okay enjoy)

~December 9th, 2018~ (A week before the Musical takes place)

Derek walked to Denise's house, with a dozen roses in his hand, he walked up to the front door. "Okay, Derek, remain calm," Derek said to himself, he took a deep breath and knocked on Denise's front door.

"Wayne, get the door!" Derek heard Denise say, "That's what I'm doing!" Derek heard a male voice say, the door open to a young boy, who looked about seventeen. "What can I do for you, Amigo?" Derek began to sweat nervously. "Uh...Is Denise home?" Derek asked, feeling the sweat come down his face, Wayne raised an eyebrow. "Who wants to know?" He asked. "Uh..." Derek stuttered, too scared to even speak, Wayne cocked up an eyebrow, clenching his lower jaw. "Don't uh me, boy!" Wayne shouted, threw his grit teeth.

"Wayne, Who's at the door?" Denise asked. "No one important," Wayne replied. Derek pushed his glasses back onto his face, looking at Wayne. "That was rude." Derek rebuked. Wayne narrowed his eyes, to see Derek holding red roses in his one hand. "Who are the roses for?" Wayne asked.

Derek looked at the roses and looked back at Wayne. "There're for Denise," Derek answered back. Wayne cocked up an eyebrow. "You brought her flowers?" "And you didn't?" Derek said, trying to make a joke. Wayne didn't think Derek was funny. "You think you're so funny, don't you, Amigo?" Derek felt his stomach go into knots. "No, not really, I was just trying to make you laugh." He saw that Wayne had throbbing veins in his neck. "Well, amigo, it didn't work."

"My name is Derek, it's not Amigo." Derek snapped, Wayne clenched his fists. "Okay," Wayne said, getting into Derek's face. "Derek."

"Wayne, who's at the door?" Denise asked again.

"Noone!" Wayne replied, looking back at Derek. "Wayne, listen, may I see your sister?" little did Derek know, Wayne grabbed him by the throat and put him up against a wall. "Listen here, Derek, you hurt my baby sister, I'll hurt you so bad, You'll be eating out of a tube for the rest of your life, do you understand me?"

"Y-yes...I do." Derek said, feeling all the oxygen leaving his body and turning light blue in the face. He heard someone walking down the stairs, he knew it was Denise, by hearing her gasp when she saw him and Wayne.

"WAYNE!" Denise screamed, she ran over to where Wayne and Derek were. "LET DEREK GO, PUT DEREK DOWN, YOU'RE GOING TO HURT HIM!" Wayne did so, Derek started to cough and regained his breath. "Derek, are you alright?" Derek couldn't answer, he was too busy coughing up a lung. "Yeah, I'm fine." Derek gasped. "I'm so sorry that Wayne did that," Denise replied, she narrowed her eyes to see red roses all over her front porch.