✨Act 1, Scene 3✨

Foolish.

Overrated.

Irritating.

These were words that described the story of Romeo and Juliet.

Well, at least both Gakushu Asano and (Y/N) (L/N) thought of it that way.

(Y/N) sat on her knees as she dipped her brush into evergreen paint. She was helping the Drama Club with their production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

She was currently painting the forest scene, which was going to be used for the majority of the play.

"Thanks again for helping us out, (L/N)," Naomi Sugimoto, the drama teacher, smiled at her, "You know, we have an extra spot on set crew if you have the time after school. We're willing to make you an official member, right here and now."

Hiromi chimed in, holding her script, "Sugimoto-Sensei's right! You should officially join!"

(Y/N) looked up from her painting with a smile, "I appreciate the thought, Sugimoto-Sensei, but I have work after school on most days."

"Aww... Are you sure?" The teacher frowned, "Well, let us know if you change your mind."

A first year student and Naomi's son, Akio, approached the three of them.

"Why did we decide to do 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', again?" He asked tiredly, "I feel like I've seen this school do it multiple times..."

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Hiromi crossed her arms.

"I dunno. Macbeth?"

Hiromi and Naomi both let out loud gasps. Hiromi quickly picked Akio up and brought him outside, shutting the emergency exit door of the theater before he could enter again.

(Y/N) sweat dropped as she heard Hiromi bark to the closed door, "Spin around three times, spit, curse and then knock to be let back in!"

"What?! Why?!" Akio's muffled voice asked.

"Just do it!"

The poor boy spun three times, spat on the ground, and yelled, "FUCK!"

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Hiromi let him back in with a scowl, "There's a reason why we refer to it as 'The Scottish Play' in the theater."

"Why?" (Y/N) questioned.

"It's the Curse of the Scottish Play," Naomi shivered.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow, Okay then...

As the three of them began to discuss the topic of the said curse, (Y/N) went back to peacefully painting the forest scene.

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCKKNOCK

"Who could that be?" Naomi questioned.

"They sound pretty desperate..." Akio sweat dropped.

Hiromi opened the actual doors to the theater, revealing Kyo and Seiji.

"Can we talk to (Y/N) outside, please?" Seiji nervously asked.

"Uh... Sure," Hiromi chuckled and (Y/N) stood up, patting down her smock apron.

"I don't think I like how anxious you two look," (Y/N) scowled at them like a parent as they followed her out the same emergency exit Akio went through.

She made sure to watch out for his spit as they stepped away from the door, making sure that they couldn't hear them inside.

It was the middle of May, so a light breeze blew through her hair.