✨Act 1, Scene 2✨

Insufferable.

Stubborn.

Spiteful.

These were words that described (Y/N) (L/N).

Well, at least Gakushu Asano described her that way.

The strawberry blond stared at the girl who stood at his desk, holding two slips of ¥1000 paper bills. She looked like she needed sleep.

"You dropped this yesterday."

Gakushu stared at her like she had three eyes. The two have never had the need to speak before. They only time they did was when she took his order.

They never really wanted to speak to each other either.

Does she not want the money?

"I didn't. That was your tip."

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes at him.

Why would he leave ¥2000 in tip? What is his ulterior motive? What the hell does he want with me?

If it wasn't obvious enough, she did not trust him one bit.

"Aren't you supposed to share that with your other coworkers?" Gakushu questioned.

(Y/N) scowled, "Yeah, but I assumed you left it there on accident."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because generous isn't a word I'd use to describe you," (Y/N) responded.

Gakushu returned her scowl. Deep down, he didn't really know why he decided to leave ¥2000 in tip. He just felt like it at the moment.

It's not like it would have made that much of a difference to him, so he didn't see the problem.

"If you don't want it, then just give it to your coworkers," Gakushu stated, looking back to his notebook, "I'm sure they'd appreciate it more than you are at the moment."

(Y/N) could feel her blood boil, "Are you calling me ungrateful?"

"By the looks of it, you are."

The nerve of this guy! (Y/N) shoved the paper bills back into her pocket and clenched her fists. Her nails were digging into the palms of her hands.

She was about to explode at him, until their teacher walked in.

(Y/N) was annoyed, sure, but she never liked making a scene over things. She quietly fumed back to her seat.

~~~~

(Y/N) fell back onto her bed. It was her day off from work, but she had just come back from Lucette's to sneakily put the ¥2000 into the tip jar like it should have been.

She was worn out and tired. Recently, she had been coming home late because of her closing shifts at Lucette's.

"I should really cut back on hours," She turned onto her side and closed her eyes.

ZZT ZZT

She let out a groan and checked her phone.

Her expression softened when she realized it was her grandmother calling. She picked up and answered.

"Hi, grandma," She said with tired smile.

"Hi, sweetie! Are you alright?" Her grandmother asked worriedly, "You sound like you need sleep..."

"I'm okay," She reassured.

"How many hours are you working nowadays?" The old lady scolded, "While I am happy that you're getting good grades and maintaining a well-paying job, you need to be getting some rest! Please cut back on hours..."