✨[INTERMISSION II: Karma Akabane, the Supporting Role]✨

Always remember to mind what you say around snakes and dogs. They may not even understand what you're saying, but if they get the slightest inclination of a threat... You just might get bitten.

[Enter] Karma Akabane, (Y/N) (L/N)

Two years ago. January 1st. It was the winter break of our third year in junior high. Korosensei had gone in depth about his past, leaving everyone in our class on edge and unmotivated to attempt assassination.

But (Y/N)? Even though she knew the situation was tense, she still wanted to treat me out for my birthday like some proud parent. Granted, it was a little late, considering my actual birthday is on Christmas, not New Years. I was still grateful though.

But... you know who's birthday is on New Year's Day?

Gakushu Asano. His birthday was common knowledge among his admirers, so most people knew it through a friend of a friend.

She's always looked out for him. In some way or form, she cared for him even if she was reluctant to admit it.

But the way that she cared... There always has been something about it.

(Y/N) tapped her foot impatiently with crossed arms, "Karma, hurry up."

"Why do you walk so fast?" Karma snorted, "It's 12 noon, it's not like anything is gonna close soon."

(Y/N) had taken him to one of her favorite spots: a local, but popular joint cafe bookstore that had two floors with an elevator solely to bring food orders up and down. She had explained to Karma that she had been going there at least once a week for awhile now.

"What? I thought I walk at fairly normal pace?" She questioned.

"It's like you're in a rush or something," He hummed, walking up to her, "Anyways, this is the place? I didn't know you knew how to read."

"I'm currently rethinking my life choices right now..." She sighed, "I can always take back my offer."

"Hey, no take backsies," Karma called out.

(Y/N) scoffed with a smile, "Riiight... Let's just go inside."

(Y/N) showed me around the place. She showed me where each genre of books were, how the little food elevators worked, etc. etc.

"Okay so... As a fun little activity..." She told him, pressing her fingers together once they found a table to sit at together, "I was wondering if I could pick a couple of books for you and you can pick a couple for me and then at the end, we meet up at a table and talk about 'em."

'Is this a date activity...? Did she somehow trick me into going on a date with her?'

"Hm... You sure it's a good idea for me to pick some for you?" Karma hummed mischievously.

"No, but I am extremely curious," She laughed.

"Alright. If you don't like 'em, not my fault," Karma shrugged with a smile.

"I— At least put some thought into it," She pouted, "I'm putting thought into yours, but I'm pretty flexible when it comes to books. So I'll even accept those comics you read."

"I'll pick books out of the children's section for you."

"I'm gonna pick the Holy Bible for you then..."