Chapter 28- Transparency

death is the easy part, the hard
part is living and knowing you
could be so much more then
you're willing to be.

~r.m drake

————

"Come on Luna" Daniel encouraged as I used every ounce of my energy to take a step.

"You can do it" he persisted.

Colton sat on a chair in the corner of the room watching me intently.

After waking up from my coma, I was having a bit of difficulty walking. Whenever I would try to take a step I shook like a leaf.

It was as though I was a new born baby.

Learning to walk, talk and eat again.

I hadn't transitioned since the incident. I was terrified.

The thought of going through that pain again just frightened me. If I had to do it again I would die.

"Maybe it is best you rest now Casey" Colton expressed. A worried glare plastered on his face.

"God, I'm not a glass doll" I replied with a smirk as I slowly made my way over to him and sat on his lap.

Colton has become extremely overprotective of me after what had happened.

Imagine how possessive an Alpha normally is and multiply that by 5000. That was how he was acting.

I wasn't even allowed to use the bathroom in peace without him asking if I'm ok after every five seconds.

It was sweet.

But I was worried he was spreading himself too thin.

With pack duties, the stresses of Alpha Herald and thinking of me 24/7. I could tell it was taking a toll on him.

I looked towards him planting a small kiss on his lips as he rested his forehead against mine.

I was pretty much back to normal. Still a bit shaky when I walked but I was getting there.

It had been almost 2 weeks since I had woken up from my coma. I felt slightly more like myself.

"Alpha am I excused?" Daniel asked awkwardly as he stood with his head lowered.

"Dismissed" Colton said simply ushering for him to close the room door behind him.

I kept my bottom firmly on Colton's lap as I nuzzled in closer to his neck.

"You have got to stop worrying about me" I whispered as he sighed loudly gently kissing my hair.

"I'm lost Casey" he stated as I lifted my head to look into his ocean blue eyes.

"What? Why?" I was shocked at his sudden revelation. I gently ran my fingers across his cheek in a comforting motion as he looked away.

"The doctors can't seem to understand what happened" he muttered.

"I don't get it? Why is all this happening?"

"I wish none of this was happening" he finished.

It was my fault he was feeling this way. I had kept him in the dark for far too long. Even now I've not told him about my past.

I was terrified to tell him before. I was frightened for his safety.

But I don't understand what was holding me back now?

"Colton I'm sorry" I was embarrassed for everything I had put him through.

He scrunched up his face in confusion, staring at me steadily.