Chapter 6 Rude To Intrude

Chapter 6:-

Rude to Intrude

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

"Conner!" I yelled, running away as he chased me with his buttery hands.

"Conner please stop, I can't keep running around the kitchen" I said, as he laughed evilly and continued his chase.

"All I want is a hug Aunt Casey" he giggled.

I could feel him on my tail, he was close.

"You promised me that if I made more fairy cakes than you, I would get some chocolate and a hug" he said pouting at me and making me slow down a little.

"But you didn't say I had to hug you, when you had butter all over your han-" before I could finish my head slammed full force into something.

It was sore to say the least, but I knew it was Colton.

I mean he has been watching me like a hawk the whole time I was making fairy cakes with Conner, which I'm not entirely angry about since I did embarrass him in front of his family.

"Will you watch?" I yelled, rubbing my forehead in aggravation. He didn't even apologies for the pain he inflicted on me.

"You have a call from Joshua" he replied rather calmly.

"I suggest you go listen, he sounds rather frustrated" he explained and I groaned.

I turned around and gave a light smile to Conner.

"I will be back in 10 minutes max" I said and he nodded.

"Please wash your hands Conner" I continued, before I could comprehend what was going on Conner tightly hugged my lower abdomen covering my dress with the butter that was once on his hands.

I squealed at his action and he giggled I'm response.

"Your so naughty Conner, now I'm going to have to get changed" I said forcing myself not to grin. He looked rather pleased with himself and pulled away.

"Sorry Luna Casey, but a promise is a promise, you had to give me that hug" he said crossing his arms over his chest and smearing butter all over his shirt in the process.

"You need to get changed now Conner. You got all that butter on your shirt, I don't think your mum is going to be pleased" I said and he nodded.

"Oh and Conner don't eat all the cakes when I'm gone" I instructed and he nodded his head.

"I can't make any promises Luna" he muttered and ran away before I could reply.

I lightly giggled to myself.

Never in my life would I have thought I would actually enjoy the company of a child, I've always hated them.

"It's sad how you enjoy Conners company more than mine" I turned around to see Colton in the exact same position, he was in before.

I huffed and walked over to the sink to wash my hands.

I honestly didn't want to deal with him right now, I wasn't even sure what I was going to do since running away isn't an option.

I didn't want to live with Colton, I didn't want him to get hurt and I definitely don't trust him.

But I was going to leave, they couldn't keep me here against my will and if that meant I would make Colton hate me, so be it.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked leaning on the counter beside me.

I continued to rub in the soap, cleaning all the cakes ingredients away.