Chapter 16:- Possessive Jerk

Quote of the chapter:

There must be a million ways to let yourself be destroyed. But then there is love, and I think tonight I'm in the mood to break apart and let myself be consumed by all the things I know I would never be able to recover from

~r.m. Drake

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

Most of the day had gone by, and Colton had gone downstairs, finally giving up on explaining things to me. I was still mad at him, but I was glad that he understood me and decided to give me some space.

Every few minutes, I could sense him lurking beside the door, but then he would give up and walk down the stairs again.

I felt guilty, as well as selfish.

He already had enough issues on his mind and I was just adding to them, by refusing to meet the pack due to him wanting to mate.

I was still shocked at how long he was able to keep control of his wolf and not mark me. Everything I had heard about alphas including my previous one (Alpha Herald) was that, they always mark their mates the day they meet them and mate with them a few days later.

I decided that it was time I finally came out the room and apologized to Colton for my childish behavior. We are going to have to mate some day, but I will just tell him to give me more time.

I sauntered down the stairs, feeling overwhelmingly guilty for treating Colton like crap, again. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, but what can he expect from me?

I wasn't going to welcome the suggestion with open arms. I am still afraid to be bound to him, and afraid that Alpha Herald would come and hurt Colton's pack. I mean our pack.

Although I didn't know many of them, as there Luna I still had a strong bond with all the pack members.

"Luna I thought you were sleeping" I heard a voice behind me as I turned to see Daniel standing at the bottom of the stairway. I frowned lightly, knowing Colton probably went to make sure everything was ok and patrol the territory.

The time I want to speak to him, he runs away before I even get the chance.

"Where's Colton?" I asked smiling at Daniel as he smiled widely at me. He followed me into the living room as I stuck on the tv and lay on one of the sofas.

Daniel sat across from me, sprawling his large legs out in front of him.

"The alpha had to go speak to Kyle and Rodney about some other pack who wants to start a treaty with us" I nodded wondering which alpha it was.

"What alpha?" I asked skeptically, flicking through the channel as I yelped with joy seeing Disney's Aladdin was on.

"Not sure, that stuff is strict pack business" Daniel replied groaning as he watched the TV intently. I'm guessing he wasn't a fan of Disney movies.

"Oh" I said smiling at him as I decided to get up and make myself a sandwich. Daniel watched my every move closely, probably expecting me to bolt for the door and run away.

"Do you want a sandwich Danny?" I shouted from the kitchen as he yelled back 'yes' as a response.

I got out some cheese and sweet corn deciding to make a toasty. Just as I was about to put the bread in the toasty maker the house phone began ringing.

I rushed to the phone.

"I'll get it!" I screamed to Daniel who was standing up from the couch ready to launch for the phone, he shrugged at me and sat back on the couch continuing to watch Aladdin.