Chapter 32- She's Following Us

if loving you kills me

tonight, then I was ready

for death the moment you

said hello.

~ r.m. Drake

----------

I pushed Alpha Xavier away with urgency as he tried to step closer to me.

What the fuck is he doing?

I tried to sniff the air to detect the smell, and I came up with nothing. I don't smell anything. I looked into his eyes; they were dark. Hungry. Searching me.

"Xavier, have you lost your mind?" I managed to mutter.

Colton's hand clutched mine aggressively. I could feel he was agitated. With one quick swoop, he pushed me behind him protectively. I examined his back as his taunt muscle almost ripped his shirt off. He was pissed and there was no mistaking it.

"Who the fuck are you talking to?" Colton bellowed at Xavier threatening him.

I looked back up at Xavier who looked dumbfounded. He kept blinking his eyes continuously. One time...... Two times......Three times......

His arms were sluggishly hanging from his sides, shoulders slack and head now facing down. He had his eyes closed tightly, as though he did not want to face what was happening to him. Inner turmoil was clearly portrayed on his face. It was as if he couldn't understand his own emotions. I had never seen Xavier like this, and it shocked me.

"I don't know what's happening to me" was all Xavier muttered.

Colton's back muscles relaxed after hearing Alpha Xavier's words. He knew he wasn't a threat to us, but he was still being cautious. Xavier sat on the floor holding his head tightly in his hands and squeezing his eyes shut. He was trying to block something out of his head. Willing the scent to leave.

The men that accompanied Xavier to our pack began to huddle around him, finding displeasure in the fact their Alpha was vulnerable in front of another pack.

"Casey leave us now!" was all Colton said. He didn't even turn to look at me. Just simply stated it.

I don't know why he even said those words to me. The one thing about me is that I am the biggest pain in the ass, but I am a self-aware pain in the ass. He also knew that I was not willing to leave in such a heated situation.

I stepped towards Colton and placed my hand gently on his tense back. He immediately relaxed under my touch but still didn't turn around and look at me. He was like a predator staring intently at its prey.

I gently gripped his shoulders turning him around to face me and placed my hand softly on his cheek. Colton's usual shining blue orbs were so dark I couldn't see his pupils. He had his teeth gritted together, his jaw completely tense.

As soon as I touched him, he allowed himself to relax into my hand but only slightly.

"Colton, you need to let me talk to him" I muttered it so quietly that if he didn't have advanced hearing he definitely would have missed it. A growl emulated at my words. It was so harsh that even I flinched and stepped away.

"You must think I'm a different type of clown if you expect me to let you anywhere near him" his voice roared at me as I let out a little giggle at his words. I mean I couldn't help it; he was comparing himself to a clown. That sentence was probably the prime of Colton's comedic career because he most certainly does not crack jokes.