💙Chapter 28: Western Double Date💙

Stella's P.O.V.

"Babe, you ready?" I asked as I walked into the hotel room. I saw that he was already putting his jacket on.

The both of us were going on a double date with Xavier and Shelby and we happened to be in Casper, Wyoming for the weekend. Not just because we wanted to get out, but also there's a special surprise in store. I knew it was going to be special, especially for my mentee.

We were also going to be wearing Western style outfits since we wanted to try it out. I felt amazing in them and they actually suited me and Jon well. 

"Hey, babe. We're matching again." he told me. I looked at our outfits and I laughed, nodding in agreement.

 I looked at our outfits and I laughed, nodding in agreement

"You look sexy in that, I have to say

"You look sexy in that, I have to say." he told me, coming close to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck.

"Well, later tonight, maybe I can be more sexy." I said, leaning close to his ear. He shivered at my touch before I began kissing his neck.

I began to get a bit carried away and he laughed, pulling me off gently. "Later, babe. We have to go on our date. Ready?" he asked.

"Yeah, I am. Let's go." I said.

We exited the hotel room and grabbed hands, going into the elevator and going to the lobby, were we saw Shelby and Xavier there. They looked so adorable, with her leaning against him. They were already in their outfits and had both their black cowboy hats as well.

 They were already in their outfits and had both their black cowboy hats as well

If only she knew how happy she would be later on tonight

They turned and saw us, getting up form the small couch that was there.

"Ready to go?" Xavier asked.

We all nodded before we went to their rental and got inside. Them in the front and me and Jon in the back.

"So, where are we going?" Shelby asked.

"Horseback riding first." I told her.

"Babe?" she asked her boyfriend. He chuckled. "I'll teach you, don't worry."

We drove off and I admired all the beautiful city and the mountains in the distance. I haven't been to Casper, Wyoming in a long time. Last time I came here, I was 17 and it was with my brothers.

That's where the surprise Jon and I had helped Xavier with was going to happen.

"Does anybody have any Skillet songs?" I asked.

"I wish I would say yes, but I don't know how to do that stuff. I haven't listened to them in a while." Jon told me.

"Yeah, you want to listen to a few?" Xavier asked.

"Please." I replied.

Xavier handed Shelby his phone and she went through it before finding his Skillet playlist and pressing play. The four of us were singing and filming a live video on Instagram from Shelby's phone.

When we finally got to our destination, us girls got out and looked at the place in glee.

"Horseback riding, here we come!" I said.

Xavier and Jon chuckled before we all went to meet up with the owner. He led us to the stables and let us pick our horses.

I had chosen a beautiful, dapple-grey stallion named Trigger, Jon chose a palomino named Sunny, Xavier chose a black Fresian stallion named Vader, and Shelby chose a pinto mare named Rain.

I had already mounted my horse until Shelby had trouble with getting on. 

"Put your left foot in the stirrup and swing your other leg over." Jon told her. "Try not to panic or anything because it will spook the horse. Gently squeeze her sides to get her to walk." I added as Xavier helped her on.

Soon, it seemed as if Shelby got the hang of it before Xavier got on his horse and we were off. We passed by hills and such, having fun on the horses.

"Hey, how about we all race to that hill over there? Last one there pays for dinner." I said.

"It's on, darling." Jon told me with a southern accent.

"Hyah!" I urged my horse and he sprinted into a gallop. I heard the others set their horses off before we all were racing. 

Jon ended up catching up last and the deal was sealed. I dismounted my horse as did the rest as we tied them to a tree. I grabbed Jon's hand as we stood on the top and I admired the view. The sunset with the mountains in the distance.

Xavier looked at us as he fidgeted with something in his pocket. Jon and I looked at each other and nodded, giving him the signal. He grabbed her hand ans they looked at each other as I took out my phone to start recording.

"Babe, close your eyes." he told her.

Shelby smiled and did as he said before getting down on his knee, getting a velvet box out of his pocket. He opened it, revealing a beautiful engagement ring. I tried my best to contain my squeal as Jon smirked.

"Shelby Woods, I love you and have been thinking of this moment for the past couple of years. When we first met in that house show in Japan, I never met anyone as beautiful as you. The more we got to know each other, I felt as if I already knew you. We were both after the same dream and what not. The minute I asked you to be my girlfriend was the best time when you said yes. I promised you that there will be a future for us that we can start together. Now, I'm making that promise. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?" he asked.

Shelby put her hands over her mouth and let a few tears fall down her cheeks before nodding. "Yes!"

He smiled as he got up and placed the ring on her finger before they kissed. Jon and I cheered and clapped as they hugged. They were like that for a while until they separated.

"Congrats!" I told them, hugging them. 

Shelby cried into my shoulder as I looked at the ring. "Oh, it's gorgeous."

Jon and Xavier bro-hugged. "Congratulations, man."

I sent the video to them and it was uploaded. We stayed there for a while before deciding to go back and have dinner to celebrate Shelby and Xavier's engagement.