💙Chapter 23: That Special Day of The Year💙

Shelby's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes just as I heard soft snores coming from Stella. I quickly got my phone and texted Xavier.

Shelby: Hey, babe. She's fast asleep. Is everything ready?

❤️Xavier❤️: Yeah. Jon already called Jeff and Matt to come down with their wives. They'll be here in a few hours. We're going to pick them up tomorrow. We'll set up the party tomorrow when Jon takes her out for a bit.

Shelby: She's going to love the surprises we have for her. She doesn't want to go out or anything. Just to celebrate her birthday at home.

❤️Xavier❤️: Yeah. I'll let you know when they get here. I'm on my way to the airport to pick you girls up

Shelby: Okay, babe. I love you

❤️Xavier❤️: I love you more

I put my phone down and put on some headphones before falling asleep next to my mentor. She's been amazing to me and has helped me with my training and taking me in when no one else would. This was me returning the favor and showing my gratitude.

Stella's P.O.V.

I woke up with Shelby shaking me gently, making me stir and blink several times as I opened my eyes. I looked and saw that it was roughly 2:45 am.

"We're home." she replied.

I groggily got up and rubbed my eyes as I realized she was right. We got off the plane and went to baggage claim to get our bags. Once we got the, we began walking through the airport.

"Xavier's going to pick us up. He offered. We just have to find him." she informed me.

We both walked until she gasped, seeing him on his phone and sitting down. Shelby walked fast and he looked up. I smiled as he got up and picked her up, spinning her around. I smiled as they reminded me of Jon and myself.

They kissed before he came over and hugged me. "Good to see you, Xavier."

"Good to see you too, Stel. Now, let's go home. Jon won't shut up about you." he explained.

I chuckled before the three of us walked out and into his car. We all talked while I dozed off a couple times until we got to mine and Jon's house.

I got my bag and said bye to them before going into the house. I closed the door and went up to my room.

I set my bag down and smiled as I saw the bathroom light on, knowing Jon was there. I got on the bed and waited for him.

Once he got out, I smiled as I saw him come out shirtless with his shoulder in a sling. He ran a hand through his hair before he looked up and his eyes met mine.

Before I could even speak, I felt him tackle me to the bed, avoiding his bad arm and the both of us laughing.

"When did you get back?" he asked.

"Just now." I replied.

I giggled as I felt him kiss my neck and I shivered at his touch. Jon moved his head and kissed me hard, yet gently. I kissed him back before he pushed me to the back of the bed. I giggled as I pushed him off me.

"Jon, forgetting something?" I asked.

He chuckled as he kissed my neck, nipping and sucking at the flesh, which turned me on even more than I already was. "I can't show my girl how much I missed her?"

I laughed and shook my head. "You can any time you want, but, your shoulder."

"Don't worry about me. You have control tonight." he said.