05 - should i come back in a few minutes?

l u k e

it had been almost a week since calum and i met up with michael at mcdonald's, which meant that it had been a week since i'd seen michael face to face.

of course, we had been texting but it wasn't as nice as actually talking to him. so, when he texted me asking what i was doing, i was suddenly excited to see him again.

[to; michael🍆]

i was going to work on my english paper, but it's not due for a week or so. what's up? xx

i nearly facepalmed myself after realizing i sent him kisses, but smiled when he sent one back.

[from; michael🍆]

mind if i come over in a little bit? i just got off work x

i'll bring food

i nearly squealed, because he offered to hang out this time. there was no way i was going to turn him down, even if it meant that i wouldn't have my phone to hide behind.

[to; michael🍆]

well, food does sound good right now...

[from; michael🍆]

so is that a yes...?

i laughed to myself, shaking my head slightly.

[to; michael🍆]

fine, i guess so.....

just kidding, come on over(-: the doors unlocked

i sent him my dorm room number and tossed my phone to the end of my bed, sighing contently. i hoped that michael would start offering to hang out more often, because god knows i was too shy to do it myself.

while thinking about michael, i realized that i hadn't checked to see if my tattoo was fully healed. honestly, ever since it stopped stinging, i had almost completely forgotten about it. it's not like i could see it all the time, so it slipped my mind a lot.

i got up, untying the string of my sweatpants so i could slip them down my legs. once i had kicked them off, i went over to the full length mirror that alex had so conveniently insisted that we needed in our room, lifting up the end of my boxers a little so i could see the full tattoo.

it looked pretty good, the redness was completely gone and my skin was not longer puffy. i ran my fingers along it, satisfied with the work that michael had done.

"is now a bad time? should i come back in a few minutes?" i heard a voice ask, making me jump. i turned around, only to be faced with a smirking michael, who was carrying a bag of panda express.

"oh, u-um no. i-i was just looking at the tattoo," i flushed, scrambling to get my sweatpants back on.

"mhm, sure," he teased, setting the bag of food down on my nightstand and making himself comfortable on my bed.

"how did you get here so fast? you texted me like five minutes ago," i said, slightly puzzled. i was sure he had to live further away than that, plus he had to get the food, so how he got here so fast confused me.

"i already had the food since i was getting hungry for lunch, and i just drove over here hoping that you weren't busy. so after i texted you all i had to do was walk up to your dorm," he explained, making me nod my head. that made sense.

i nodded and pulled my sweats back on before sitting on the bed next to him.

he grabbed the bag of food and opened it, handing me a container of food, along with a plastic fork. i thanked him and opened it up, taking a bite of the chicken.

"so, what do you want to do?" i asked after i swallowed the food in my mouth, leaning back against the headboard.

"you wanna just watch a movie or something? or we can just talk i guess?" he shrugged, taking a big bite of his rice, sitting back as well. i thought about it for a minute, figuring that if we watched a movie we wouldn't be talking as much, which meant a smaller chance of me embarrassing myself.

"i guess we can watch a movie," i nodded, grabbing the remote to turn the tv on and switch it onto netflix. "what do you wanna watch?"

he reached for the remote and i handed it to him, letting him skim through the movies while i finished up my lunch. i set the half eaten container down as he picked out the hangover.

"i haven't seen this movie in forever," i mumbled, pulling the comforter of my unmade bed up over my legs, getting comfortable.

michael just nodded at me, smiling as he set his container of food next to mine. he then did the same as me, bringing the covers up to his thighs and folding his arms in his lap.

i started the movie and relaxed into the bed, but kept a bit if distance between us because i didn't want to make michael uncomfortable or anything.

i saw him glance at me, a small chuckle coming from him. "you look like you're about to fall off of the bed. you can scoot over, ya know. i'm not going to bite you," he teased, making me blush, because i was just that awkward around him.

i pushed my fists down onto the mattress, moving myself a bit closer to michael so now i wasn't on the edge of the bed. he smiled warmly at me and put his arms behind my shoulders, resting it against the headboard.

it was nice being so close to him, and halfway during the movie i ended up dozing off with my head on his shoulder.

//

bonjour

happy new year!! sorry i didn't update last night, my friend and i were on younow for a total of like 4 hours....we have a problem

can we just take a moment to cry about the fact that like, 5 of my favorite writers have noticed this fanfic, and it makes me v happy

like hello i love you all be my friends pls i have none

shoutout to el for this idea bc without it that wouldn't have ever happened ily babe

anyways...

love you!!

vanny xx