epilogue

epilogue

l u k e

time for another all over the place thing where vanny didn't know what to write. oh yeah, and this is it xx

"i want you to get that tattoo removed."

i almost choked on the water i was drinking, looking up at my mom who was sitting across the table from me.

"excuse me?"

my mum sighed, folding her hands around her mug of coffee, a serious expression on her face. i knew i was about to get another lecture about it, but it wasn't going to make a difference.

"you promised me that you wouldn't do that to yourself, and you went out and did it anyways. and because calum told you to! i really don't like this, luke. i really think you should get it removed," my mum said, running her hands through her hair. i knew she wasn't going to give up on it that easily, but neither was i.

"i know how you feel about them, but i'm not getting rid of it mom. one, that will hurt," i started, and i saw her shoulders slump slightly. "two, it actually means something to me."

mum rolled her eyes at me, "how does that tattoo have any meaning to you? you got it because you lost a bet -which i don't even want to know the details of."

i groaned and leaned back in my chair, trying to think of how i wanted to word my next sentence. it didn't really matter, she wouldn't care anyways, but it was worth a shot.

"even though it doesn't seem like it means anything mum, it does. not the tattoo itself, but getting that tattoo is how i met michael, and michael is really important to me. getting it removed just wouldn't feel right to me, you know? it has a meaning to it now. and anyways, it's not your decision, it's mine," i explained, playing with the handle on my coffee mug. i could feel my cheeks slowly starting to heat up; arguing with my mum wasn't fun, especially since we were usually so close. it didn't feel right going back and forth with her, having a different opinion than her.

my mum stayed silent for a few seconds, and i was hoping that she would understand where i was coming from. she would have to, since i wasn't going to do anything to the tattoo. it was staying.

"okay, i'm not going to argue about it anymore with you, luke. go ahead and keep it if you want, but that doesn't mean i'm happy about it," she finally sighed, standing up from her spot across from me so she can put her cup in the kitchen. "but i can guarantee you that you'll regret it when you're older."

"thank you," i said, mostly to myself since she had already left the room. i smiled to myself, ignoring the fact that my mum was still being slightly bitter about it. she gave up, and that's all i was looking for.

迪克

after saying goodbye to my family and making the long trip back home, i dropped michael off at his apartment before going back to my dorm. i would have asked him to stay the night, but i had classes the next day and i really didn't want to be up until three in the morning because of him. i loved him, but i also loved sleep as well.

once i was actually in bed, all i could think about was how persistent my mum was on the whole tattoo thing. she honestly couldn't have expected us to follow through on that promise, we were a lot younger then, how were we supposed to promise something like that when we were younger?

i knew for a face that jack had at least one tattoo. i wasn't sure if my mum knew about it, but i knew i wasn't the only one that broke that promise. i did feel kind of bad about it, but then again, i didn't, because like i said, it had a meaning to it.