15 - we've been together for a while now, right?

l u k e

[short filler but sleepy luke gif to the side and i'm updating again tomorrow for sure!!!]

as weird as it may seem, i used to like college. i was on my own for the first time, i was going to school to try and figure out what the hell i wanted to do with my life, and it was great. the first year flew by quickly, despite all of the hard work i had to do.

halfway into the second year, i still had no clue what i was here for, and i was constantly going back and forth between seeing michael, hanging out with calum, and balancing my school work on top of all of that.

all week i had barely seen michael. i had realized that i hadn't been focusing as much on school and i should probably do that considering my parents were helping pay for it. sadly, tha meant i had to make it clear to michael that i wouldn't be around him as much until i was caught up with all of the work that was piling up on me.

that was especially hard when every few hours i would get a text from him asking how everything was going. i felt bad that i couldn't see him often but i needed to get all of my work done before i started stressing myself out again. the situation with my english paper a while back was not something i wanted to repeat.

since alex and jack were in our room doing god knows what, i was spending my thursday night hunched over a table at the library with my english and comp books in front of me. my back hurt from the way i was sitting but every time i straightened myself up, i ended up leaning forward again.

my phone vibrated and i picked it up, not even having to look at the screen to know who was texting me.

[from; mikey]

hey babbyy, how's it going?

i sighed, sliding my finger to the left on my lock screen so i could answer him. he had me so close to just giving in and going to see him.

[to; mikey]

i'm almost done with english:-(

after that, he asked me if i was in the library, which i said yes to because i can't lie to him, and within twenty minutes i had michael sitting by my side, patiently waiting for me to be done.

i could tell he wanted to ask me something because he would occasionally sigh and rest his head on the table, looking up at me. i felt bad for ignoring it but i wanted to at least finish reading my last article for english before i put all of my attention on him.

"hmm," michael sighed, laying his head right next to my little pile of papers. i glanced down at him and he blinked innocently at me, a small smile on his lips.

"what?" i set my pencil down on the table and turning to give michael my full attention.

he quickly sat up, causing our knees to bump together and he grabbed my right hand. "okay, so, we've been together for a while now, right?"

i nodded, smiling as his thumbs brushed over my knuckles. "i would say so, yes. why?" i asked, waiting for him to continue. he looked excited to say whatever it is he wanted to say.

"i know you're busy with school work and all that, but i really, really want to take you on a date soon. i know you're kind of busy at the moment but i just really wanted to ask," he beamed, his cute kitten smile causing my own smile to widen.

michael and i were still in the cutesy, fluffy stage of our relationship; where everything was all heart eyes and sweet little kisses. i liked it, a lot, and i didn't want this phase to end. i was hoping it wouldn't any time soon, because i enjoyed all of the remarks calum made about how disgustingly cute we were and how we made him feel like he was going to gag.

"i would love that. when were you thinking?" i asked, resting my free hand on his knee. i loved being able to touch him as much as i wanted, so i took every chance i could. he was to fun to touch, especially his hands because they were always nice and warm.

"whatever night works best for you, babe. i know you're busy so i want to make this convenient for you, okay?" he said, gently patting the hand that was setting on his knee.

one thing i loved about michael is that he always made sure what we did fit my schedule. if there was ever a situation that came up, he would figure it out so i wouldn't miss a class or stay over at his house until midnight when i needed to get something else done. he was really thoughtful about that and i appreciated it. he understood how hard it was for me to be in school and see him at the same time, since he had gone through the same thing last year.

"does saturday night work for you?" i questioned, knowing that by tomorrow i should be all caught up on my work and i could do whatever i wanted this weekend. which meant more time to see michael.

"saturday night is perfect," he smiled, kissing my cheek. "i'll call you tomorrow when i get everything settled, okay? i should probably let you get back to your work now," he added, standing up and stretching a bit.

"i'll be waiting for that call," i nodded, leaning back in my chair so i could look up at him. "thank you for keeping me company."

"it was my pleasure," he murmured, leaning down to gently kiss my forehead, and then my lips. i was glad we were in the back of the library because i must have looked ridiculous from how much i was grinning.

"i'll see you saturday then?" i said hopefully, biting my bottom lip to suppress my smile.

"it's a date."

//

sorry for the boring short filler ik i promised to update last night but there was a situation that needed to be taken care of before i finished this

but next chapter is their first date and i swear it'll be updated tomorrow. no exceptions. i know exactly what i want to do and it's going to happen. i promise.

and maybe smut again.

qotu; day or night? and why? for me it would be night because i hate being at school and at night the only thing i have to worry about is finishing my homework, and then i get to read, write, draw, and be with my family. and also sleep.

you guys should hmu bc i'm not cool and i can't start conversations

k i love you to the moon and back !!!!

Vanny xx