19 - it's called brotherly love

m i c h a e l

riding in a car with luke for an hour and a half was quite the experience. the entire time, he talked about how excited he was to see his family, and for them to meet me. it made me feel good, knowing that he wanted them to meet me and he was so positive that they would like me.

it didn't really make me nervous that i was about to meet his family. that sort of thing didn't scare me all that much. the way he talked about his family only made things better, because he went on and on about how much i would get along with his brothers.

he also talked a lot about his mum. even before, i was able to tell he was a mama's boy, but today really proved it. he only had good things to say about liz, and he was probably most excited to see her.

he was, i could tell, since as soon as we walked through the door she was there to greet him with a big hug, which he gladly accepted. i watched him embrace his mother with a fond smile, because damn, was my boyfriend adorable or what?

luke pulled away from her after a few seconds and turned towards me, keeping his hand on the small of her back. "mum, this is michael," he said proudly.

i smiled at the short woman in front of me, "it's nice to meet you, mrs. hemmings," i said.

"what a gentleman," she gushed. "why didn't you bring him over sooner, luke?" she asked, gently slapping luke on the shoulder, then coming over to me and giving me a hug.

"sorry," luke said with a small chuckle, looking straight at me with a wide smile. i gave him one as well, happy that his mum seemed to like me already.

迪克

meeting luke's dad in the kitchen went pretty much the same as his mom. the only difference was that instead of a hug, he offered me a handshake. his brothers, on the other hand, just gave me small nods and done what any other older brothers would do; tease luke about bringing his first boyfriend home. luke's mum had scolded them, telling them to leave their little brother alone, and that she would make them do the dishes if they made another comment about it.

"it's called brotherly love, mum," ben defended, to which luke responded with an eye roll. i smirked and rested my hand on his thigh, giving it a light pat. this is why i didn't mind being an only child.

"ben," liz deadpanned, glancing between him and luke. "leave your brother alone and eat your damn dinner."

ben just rolled his eyes and stuck his fork into his mashed potatoes, while luke and liz both smiled in satisfaction.

it was quiet for a few minutes after that; ben obviously had nothing to say other than something that made fun of luke, and the rest of us were too busy eating. andrew, luke's dad, eventually set his fork down and cleared his throat, stopping me from taking a drink of my water.

"where did you meet luke, michael?" he asked, looking directly at me. i felt luke shift a little beside me, but didn't even think of it as i answered.

"he came into the tattoo parlor i work at and i gave him a tattoo," i said with a smile, but it quickly went away when i felt luke flick my hand.

luke's mom looked up at the word tattoo, giving luke a look of shock that only a mother could muster.

"you have a tattoo?" she asked, like it was the worst thing in the world. "since when did you get a tattoo?"

both jack and ben glanced over to us, suddenly interested in the conversation. i could tell that having everyone's eyes on him made luke even more uncomfortable, and i was starting to regret saying the part about actually giving luke the tattoo.

luke glared at me for barely a second before he was turning his attention back to his mother, who still looked absolutely appalled that luke would even think of doing such a thing to himself. "yeah, i got it like, six months ago. i thought i told you?"

obviously not buying his little act of innocence, his mum furrowed her eyebrows. "piercings, i'm fine with. those can get taken out. but you know how i feel about tattoos, luke," she sighed, making me frown.

"i know, but it was calum's idea, so i just went along with it. it's not really that big of a deal, mum," luke said, trying to reason with her.

liz rolled her eyes, resting her elbow on the table and placing her hand against her forehead. "what is it?"

"what?" luke asked, confusedly looking at her.

"what did calum make you tattoo on yourself?" she repeated, seeming done with the conversation. if anything was true, luke got his impatience from his mother. it was like watching him have an argument with a female version of himself.

"that's not important," luke mumbled, dropping his gaze to his lap and picking up his fork. "i think we should just drop it."

if she seemed mad before, luke's mom was mad now. i was sure of it, from the other three seated at the table getting up and quietly excusing themselves.

just when i thought she was going to explode on luke and make him tell her, she just let out a deep breath, then slowly nodded. "fine, we'll drop it," she said, shrugging before standing up with her plate in hand, following her husband and two oldest sons out of the room.

once she was gone, i sheepishly looked over at luke and bit my lip. "i'm sorry," i said quietly, reaching over and resting my hand on his leg again.

luke shook his head and exhaled deeply. "it's fine," he answered, standing up and leaving his plate on the table. i did the same, following him when he started up the stairs to where i assumed his room was.

i felt kind of stupid now, since i had said that. it was obvious not fun to reason with luke's mom about tattoos, and it struck a nerve in her. i should have been smarter than to even say that in the first place.

i had actually been excited to finally meet luke's family, but now it felt like i had ruined it. liz wasn't going to like me anymore because i gave her son a tattoo, which she obviously wasn't very fond of.

we stopped outside of a door upstairs and luke opened it, revealing a dark room that was half empty. it was obviously luke's old room, telling by the band posters on the wall and the vinyls on a small shelf next to the window.

luke walked over to the bed and plopped himself down on it, resting his head in his hands. i walked over and sat beside him, gently nudging his side with my elbow.

"you're mad at me now, aren't you?" i asked with a pout, hanging my head forward a little.

"no, i'm not, i just - i don't know. i'm not in a good mood right now, michael," he huffed, lifting up his head and staring over at one of the posters poorly taped up onto the wall.

i nodded a little, wetting my lips with my tongue. i scooted over a little, to give him some space. "okay, i'm sorry." i laid back on the bed, breathing out a sigh and looking up at the ceiling.

hopefully he wouldn't be in a bad mood for too long, because so far, luke not being in a good mood, put me in not so good of a mood.

//

once again, I have been cursed with writers block so there u have it

question of the update: what's your favorite animal at the zoo?(I went to the zoo today hollaaaa) mine is definitely the Kangaroos or the otters :--)

there's talks about some tornadoes happening here tonight but all i care about is how friCKEN BAD MY STOMACH HURTS

I also finished friends today and I'm v v sad :--( someone come cuddle me and make me feel better

love you to the moon and back!! l8r sk8rs

Vanny xx