Epilogue

Cody's POV

"Hey, Cody! Are you okay?" He tapped on my knee as I was sitting without moving or blinking, frozen in my place. I stared at him without saying anything, my mind blank.

"Dude, what happened? You are scaring me. Has the cat got your tongue?" He teased me as pulled his seat closer to me.

"Emily...pregnant...baby... mine, but we...used protection." I muttered, puzzled.

"Oh, you definitely lost the ability of forming a coherent sentence." He mocked, grinning. "Condoms aren't always safe. It can break. You know." He added in a serious tone while I was staring at him in shock. "Yes, idiot, most probably, you are going to be a father, but you have to be sure. So buy the pregnancy test for Emily before going home."

"Oh... I ...will...then...." I mumbled, dumbfounded and moved my hand in the air unconsciously while trying to get rid of my shock.

"Cody?" Tristan gave me a concerned look. "Cody, are you okay?" He asked in a serious tone.

Without managing to reply, my eyes darkened. The last thing I had seen was Tristan's worried expression.

"Finally, you regained consciousness." Tristan said mischievously, standing beside me. "Are you better now?"

"What happened to me?" I asked, rubbing my forehead while trying to remember what happened to me.

"You fainted after learning that you are going to be a father." Tristan replied, amused and sat down beside me.

"Fuck! Emily must be pregnant, because of it,...nausea, tiredness and bigger brea..." I stopped without finishing my sentence. Tristan furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me, amused. I cleared my throat and added. "...mood swings."

"Yes, I think that fainting helped you to get your normal brain functions back. Now you can think cleverly." He teased me.

"Tristan!" I warned him.

"Yes, bro." He gave me a mocking smirk. I frowned, shaking my head.

When I walked into the living room, Emily was sitting on the couch, folding her arms over her chest, lost in her thoughts. I approached her, holding the plastic bag in my hand. As soon as she noticed me, she turned her face away without saying anything. I smiled and sat down beside her on the couch.

"Don't you talk to me anymore?" I asked, grinning.

She didn't say anything nor look at me.

I smirked, amused and informed. "I bought you something."

She didn't say anything again, ignoring me. I smiled as I pulled the pregnancy test out of the plastic bag and put it in her lap.

"I don't want anything from...." She didn't finish her sentence as she saw the pregnancy test. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"I guess the reason for your nausea and bigger boobs is our intruder. More correctly, Tristan guessed. You rejected me because you feel nauseous beside me. Am I right?" I stated softly.

"What? I..." She mumbled, dazed and took the test, biting her lower lip nervously.

"Come on! Do it!" I said cheerfully and grabbed her hand, pulling her as I stood up.

When we reached the bathroom, she grabbed the doorknob with her trembling hand. She hadn't said anything since she saw the test. Her face was pale.

I grabbed her arm, stopping her. "Em, are you okay?" I asked, concerned.

"I... I am nervous." She admitted, grabbing the test tightly and bit her lower lip anxiously.

"Don't be! I am with you." I said softly, cupping her cheeks and smiled.