Chapter 11

Emily's POV

Suddenly, his phone rang, interrupting us. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and picked it up. I walked towards the window and looked out, folding my arms over my chest, lost in my thoughts.

"Emily?" Cody asked, interrupting my thoughts as he approached me. "Are you okay?" He asked, worried as he placed his hand on my arm.

"Yeah." I mumbled, giving him a lazy smile.

"It was the interior designer. He cannot come today. He asked to meet tomorrow." He informed me.

"Well, then I..."

"Would you like something to drink? And we can discuss the new details of the roof garden which Mr. Scott has sent." He said, giving me his signature smile.

"A cup of coffee, please." I replied and gave him a smile.

"I will be back in a minute. Make yourself at home." He said softly and went towards the kitchen.

A few minutes later, he came back, holding two mugs in his hands when I was checking the paperwork. He gave me a bright smile as he approached me and sat down beside me on the couch. I smiled and took the mug as he extended it towards me.

"Thank you." I beamed at him. He nodded, smiling. "I was checking the file. Did you look at it?" I asked, looking at the file while holding the mug in my hand.

"Yes, I wanted to discuss it...Let me show it...I think it will be better if we change it." He said in a bossy tone as he pointed to the file.

"This...."

"Fuck!" He screamed in pain as I accidentally spilled the coffee on his pants. He stood up instantly as pursed his lips together in pain.

"I am so sorry." I said in panic as I stood up and grabbed the tissues.

"It is so hot." He said between gritted teeth and unbuckled his belt, breathed rapidly. I bent down in front of him hurriedly and tried to clear his pants in panic.

"What the hell is going on here?!"

I froze instantly as I heard my father's angry voice coming behind me. I lifted my head up and looked at Cody in panic. He was looking towards the entrance, his face white like a sheet. I gulped nervously and stood up. I closed my eyes as I saw my father and Greg staring at us. A few seconds later, I opened my eyes and looked at them, biting my lower lip nervously. Greg was staring at us in shock without saying anything. Meanwhile, my father shot daggers at Cody, clenching his fist.

"Shit!" Cody murmured under his breath, looking at my father. "I am dead!" He mumbled and gulped in fear.

"Absolutely!" I whispered, frightened.

Cody instantly looked at me with wide eyes. I gave him an apologetic look, shrugging my shoulders.

"How dare you seduce my daughter?!" My father snapped furiously as he rushed towards Cody and grabbed his collar, his face red with rage.

"Dad!" I pleaded and grabbed his arm, trying to pull him away. "You misunderstood." I stated, panicked.

"Samuel, calm down, please!" Greg said as he rushed towards us and tried to pull him away, but my father tightened his grip.

"What did I misunderstand?! It was so clear!" He snapped, giving Cody a death glare.

"Sir, please...." Cody pleaded, trying to get rid of my father's grip.

"Shut up, bastard!" My father cut him off, frustrated.

"I was wiping his pants. I accidentally spilled coffee on them." I exclaimed hastily.

My father gave me a confused look and pulled back a little without releasing Cody's shirt.

"Yes, sir. It was so hot; so she tried to help me." Cody resumed hurriedly.

I breathed deeply in relief as my father released Cody and pulled back as his expression changed. Cody heaved a sigh, running his hand through his hair.

"I am sorry." My father said, giving Cody an apologetic look and added. "When I saw both of you in that state...I... I am really sorry."

"I understand, but we didn't do anything bad." Cody said as he nodded.

Cody's POV

I was working in my office when Tristan came. From the mischievous smirk on his face, I guessed my father told him about yesterday.

"I accept you have waited longer than I expected before jumping on her. Or more correctly, she jumped on you. So all those hateful words were just some kind of fantasy. Huh?" Tristan teased me as he approached me, a wide grin on his face.

"Don't talk bullshit!" I snapped in annoyance as I rolled my eyes. "There is nothing between us. We were just working. Then she accidentally spilled coffee on my pants and when she was wiping in panic, Dad and Samuel came." I explained angrily.

"Working? It depends on your description of this word." Tristan said, amused and gave me a sly smirk.

"On the project!" I clarified sternly and added. "Nothing else." I frowned. He grinned mischievously. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I snapped, giving Tristan a dirty look.

The door opened and Emily walked in. She looked so beautiful in her white midi dress. An angel. She gave us her dazzling smile as she closed the door as she greeted us.

I cleared my throat and averted my gaze as I noticed Tristan's knowing smirk.

"You look so beautiful, Emily." Tristan commented. "Doesn't she, Cody?" Tristan asked as he stood up and placed his hand into his pocket, giving me a mischievous smirk.

Bastard!

"Yes, she is." I replied honestly, looking at Emily.

"Thank you." She said, blushing.

"Well, guys. I have a meeting. So I will leave you alone. I think you should work as well. See you." Tristan said, smirking. Emily nodded, giving him a warm smile and sat down on a vacant seat beside my desk. Tristan winked at me as he gave me an impish smirk and left. I breathed deeply, annoyed.

"How are you?" She asked and bit her lower lip.

"Umm... Fine. You?" I responded as soon as I could take my eyes off her red lips.

"Fine. Thanks. Umm... I.... I want to apologize for yesterday." She said shyly. "My father...."

"It isn't your fault. Don't worry. It is just a misunderstanding." I assured her, giving her a smile. She nodded and gave me her charming grin. "If you are ready, let's go. I talked to Mr. Scott; he is waiting for us." I said.

"Yes, let's go." She nodded and stood up, grabbing her bag.

I grabbed my phone and keys as I stood up.

"Wait a minute." She said and approached me. I gave her a puzzled look. "Your tie. Let me adjust it." She resumed softly.

I couldn't take my eyes off her while she was adjusting my tie. There were a few inches between us. With every breath, my nostrils filled her magnificent scent.