Chapter 21

Cody's POV

She burst out laughing as she turned towards me. "I didn't tell you about it because you pitied me and accepted this marriage, Cody. Don't worry. I don't want to marry you either." She said and wiped her tears off her cheeks with the tissue.

"Perfect then. It is good." I commented as I took a step towards her, giving her a mischievous grin. She gave me a questioning look. "Listen to me attentively. We will go and tell our parents that we accept getting married. And we will marry. But this will be temporary. For six months. A fake marriage with no obligation. As soon as everything calms down, and they find something else to talk about, we will get divorced." I resumed, self-satisfied and winked at her. She looked at me in shock, her mouth agape. "Are you in?" I asked, giving her a devilish grin.

She breathed deeply, ruffling her hair. "Cody, I can not lie to my parents. Marriage is not a game." She protested, shaking her head.

"Emily, we have no other choice. Your father will not change his mind, and I want to have a long life. Just accept it. Don't worry. We will handle it. They will not know about our plan. It is the best way." I assured her, looking into her eyes and smiled, nodding.

She bit her lower lip, thinking. She breathed deeply and said. "OK, but we...will not be a real wife and husband..." She paused, biting her lower lip shyly. "You know...sleeping together and so on." She added bashfully. "Umm.... You can hang out with the other girls for your...needs, but be discreet about it, please." She mumbled uneasily without looking at me.

I smirked at her expression without saying anything. I cleared my throat and asked. "So do we agree?" She nodded. I gave her a wide grin. "And I will not disrespect my wife by getting in a relationship with another woman." I added and winked at her playfully. She smiled happily as her cheeks flushed. "By the way, I am a jealous man. I don't like sharing. So you can not have a relationship with someone else while our agreement is valid." I stated, giving her a serious look.

She nodded instantly. "Sure."

I grinned. "Umm.... But if you change your mind about your condition, I would gladly meet my wife's needs." I commented arrogantly and winked at her.

"Cody!" She exclaimed as her cheeks flushed.

"By the way, who made you cry?" I asked seriously as I clenched my fist.

Her expression instantly changed. She replied sadly. "It isn't important."

"Who made you cry?" I repeated. "Tell me." I added as I cupped her chin and lifted her head up, letting our eyes meet.

She sighed and replied. "Jane Stewart. But it isn't impor..."

I stormed out, without letting her finish her sentence. I would make that bitch pay for making Emily cry. Who does she think she is?! Emily followed me, calling me, but I didn't listen to her. I felt mad now. I gritted my teeth as I saw Jane beside my father's secretary.

"You are fired. You have an hour to get out of the company." I snapped, clenching my fist.

"Sir..." She pleaded as her face got pale.

"Cody!" Emily exclaimed as she approached me anxiously. "Please, don't..."

"And before it, you will apologize to Ms. Morgan for your behaviour. Or I will make sure you will not get any job even in the farthest country from the USA." I stated in an authoritative tone.

She gulped in fear, her face white like a sheet. She nodded and turned towards Emily, breathing deeply. "I am sorry, Ms. Morgan." She said.

I gave her a dark look as I grabbed Emily's hand and dragged Emily towards my office.

"Cody, you should not fire her..." She said as soon as we walked into my office.

"I will not let anyone treat you badly." I stated firmly, cutting her off. She looked at me, surprised without saying anything. I cleared my throat and added confidently. "You are going to be my wife. So no one will dare to humiliate my wife."

She smiled happily and corrected, giving me a playful look. "Fake wife."

"For us. But for them, you will be my wife, Mrs. Sullivan. That is all!" I said firmly and winked at her. She smiled shyly and nodded.

****

I was breathing deeply, trying to calm down while standing at the altar. Today Emily and I were going to marry. I didn't know why, but I felt so nervous. It was a fake marriage, but I still felt nervous.

Ugh! For heaven's sake, calm down, Cody!

I took a breath as the music started.

"Holy..." I mumbled as I saw Emily walking down the aisle with her father; she looked stunning in her wedding gown. Like an angel!

I was staring at her like I was enchanted by this beauty, my mouth agape.

"Shut your mouth; you will catch a fly." Tristan whispered in my ear mockingly.

"Pray, I need the best man. Otherwise...." I told Tristan between gritted teeth without managing to take my eyes off my beautiful bride. I ignored Tristan's chuckle, focusing on Emily. She gave me a dazzling smile. I smiled at her happily.

"Take care of my daughter." Samuel said in an authoritative tone as they approached me. I nodded and held Emily's hand tightly.

"You are so beautiful." I told Emily, leaning towards her ear as his father walked away.

"Thank you." She said shyly and gave me a bright smile.

****

After the ceremony, Emily and I got in my car. We were going to spend our wedding night in our hotel. It was one of my father's wedding gifts. Tomorrow morning, we were going to Bali for our honeymoon. It was our hotel; so we should be careful and act like a real newlyweds in public because of the hotel stuff. I was sure that if we didn't act like the newlywed, in a minute, my father would know about it and get suspicious. It was my father's wedding gift too. The other gift was a mansion where Emily and I were going to stay after the wedding like his wedding gift for Tristan and Mila.

As soon as we approached our suite, I swiped the key card and opened the door.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked quickly when Emily was about to walk in. She gave me a puzzled look. "The groom should carry the bride over the threshold. It is tradition." I winked at her playfully.

"But we are not real newlyweds. So it isn't necessary." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Don't be a killjoy! Yes, it is a fake marriage, but it shouldn't stop us from enjoying this game." I commented mischievously and winked at her. Then I scooped her up in my arms bridal style, grinning in amusement.

"Cody!" She giggled as she wrapped her arms around my neck.