Chapter 4

Cody's POV

I grabbed my phone and went to my father's office. We had a meeting with my father's friend, Samuel. It was going to be a big hotel project.

I knocked on the door and walked in as I heard my father's voice.

"Hi, Dad." I gave him a warm smile as I approached him.

"Hi, sit down. Samuel and his daughter are about to arrive." He informed me as he closed the file in front of him.

"His daughter?" I asked, puzzled as I sat down on a vacant seat beside the desk.

"Yes. I forgot to inform you that you will work with his daughter on this project. Samuel wants to involve his daughter into his business as she graduated from university." My father replied firmly.

"Oh. Is she beautiful?" I asked playfully.

"Cody!" He exclaimed, giving me a warning look.

"I was joking, Dad." I commented, raising my hands in surrender.

"I hope so." He stated firmly. "Listen to me, Cody. Samuel is so protective towards her daughter. He was so uncomfortable when I told him that his daughter would work with you in this project. I assured him that you would be professional. So be careful and don't try to do anything stupid!" My father warned me in an authoritative tone.

I frowned, annoyed and said. "Dad, I don't jump on every woman I see."

If she isn't sexy and beautiful.

My father gave me an unconvinced look and heaved a sigh. "I was always by your and Tristan's sides when your mother lectured you when both of you got yourselves into trouble. I told her that you were young, and you would change after getting older. Despite the fact that they were inappropriate behaviors. Fortunately, Tristan has changed, but you..." He sighed, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Dad..." I scowled.

"But if you blow up this project, trying to make a move on Samuel's daughter, I will not be by your side this time." He warned me firmly. "Don't disappoint me."

"Alright, Dad. I will stay away from her. If you want, I will not even shake her hand nor come near her no less than two meters." I mocked.

"Cody!" He exclaimed and sighed, trying to calm down. "Samuel is an old-fashioned man. He will not approve that you have a fling with his daughter."

"Yes, Dad. You have already warned me. I know. I will stay away from her." I stated, annoyed.

Suddenly, his office phone rang. My father picked it up.

"They are here." My father informed me as he hung up the phone and stood up.

I nodded, bored. I regretted accepting this project. I should suggest that Tristan got the project. But this project was my idea. So they decided that I should lead this project. Giving me a full responsibility was a big decision from them. So I was on cloud nine, but now I regretted it. I was sure that my father wouldn't leave me alone, putting pressure on me, but if it was because of the project, I would understand. However, it was about some spoiled princess.

I frowned and stood up as I heard the door opening. When I lifted my head up, my eyes widened in shock. My jaw dropped as I stared at the familiar girl. She was staring at me in surprise as well.

What the hell is this bitch doing here? Please, don't tell me she is Samuel's daughter, Dad.

Maybe she is his assistant. Yes, she is. Probably, that spoiled princess is running late.

The last hope disappeared as my father introduced us to each other. I was still staring at her, frozen.

"Cody!" My father exclaimed, giving me a warning look and repeated. "Cody, let me introduce you to Samuel Morgan and his daughter Emily Morgan."

I cleared my throat and extended my hand towards Samuel.

"And this is my son, Cody Sullivan." My father introduced me. I shook Samuel's hand, giving him a polite smile.

When I looked at Emily, she hesitated to give me her hand. Then she sighed and extended her hand towards me, mumbling something before she forced a smile. I placed a quick kiss on her knuckles.

Damn it! Damn it!

I don't want to work with her nor see her face.

Dad, you can be so sure that I will do everything to stay away from this bitch.

I gritted my teeth and sat down on my seat, ignoring her murderous glare.

Bitch, I am not happy to see you either.

After the meeting, finally, Samuel and her bitch daughter left.

I cleared my throat and said. "Dad...Umm...I think it will be better if Tristan leads this project. He has more experience than me." I bit my lower lip, giving him a hopeful look.

Please, accept it.

"No, Cody. We have talked about it before. We decided that it would be better if you led the project." He stated firmly. "Tristan and I want to give new responsibilities to you. I am getting older. You and Tristan are going to head this company in the future. So you should take your responsibility too." He added firmly.

"Ok, Dad." I mumbled and stood up.

"Cody." My father called me as I was about to leave. "I trust you as well as Tristan. You will handle this project. I am sure of it." He gave me a proud look.

I gave him a grateful smile. I felt touched. "Thank you, Dad. I promise I will do my best." I assured and left.

Emily's POV

I was pacing back and forth in the hallway at the restaurant. Cody and I had a meeting with the interior designer. He was getting late as always. We had been working together more than three months, but he was always late to the meetings. Of course, the blue-eyed handsome jerk couldn't drag himself out of the bed after having fun with his conquests all night. I felt frustrated. He annoyed me so much.

I frowned in annoyance and looked at my wristwatch. The meeting was about to start in two minutes. I sighed, frustrated and pulled my phone out of my bag. When I was about to call Cody, I saw him walking towards me with his signature smirk on his face.

I folded my arms over my chest and snapped angrily as he approached me. "Where the hell have you been?!"