Chapter 10

Cody's POV

"Come on, don't be angry at me, my hero." She teased and pinched my cheek playfully while grinning.

"Emily!" I exclaimed in annoyance and pulled my head away.

"But you asked for it. You shouldn't look at me while I was changing my clothes." She stated firmly. I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I will not scold you again. I am sorry. Today, you saved my life. I owe you. And I don't want you to be offended at me. Let's make up." She confessed, giving me a warm smile and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

I pursed my lips together, trying to hold myself from smiling. "Ok." I said, smiling as I didn't manage to hold my smile anymore. She grinned happily.

Emily's POV

I put on a black mini dress and straightened my hair. After applying my makeup, I grabbed my clutch and left the mansion. Tonight I was going to hang out with my best friend, Avery.

I parked my car in front of the nightclub and got out of the car. I gave my key to a valet and walked towards the entrance. As soon as I walked in, I searched for Avery. I noticed her beside the bar counter. Once she saw me, she waved at me, smiling. I smiled as I approached her. After greeting each other, I ordered a glass of Martini for myself.

"How is it going on with Mr. Hot shot?" She asked, amused and took a sip from her drink.

"Good." I responded and bit my lower lip, thinking about Cody.

"Hmm. Just good? He is a jerk, he is annoying, I hate him, not anymore. Huh?" She asked, giving me a mischievous grin.

"Avery, what are you implying?" I asked, trying to control my voice.

"I think you know what I am implying at." She replied, giving me a knowing look.

I rolled my eyes and took a sip from my drink. "We just work together. Nothing more." I said without looking at her. "Yes, before we didn't get along, but it changed. I was wrong about him. He isn't bad." I added.

"Hmm? So now you accept he is gorgeous?" She asked, amused.

"Avery! I don't talk about his appearance." I stated, frowning.

"But you don't deny it. Just accept it! He is freaking handsome." Avery said, giving me a knowing look.

I frowned and nodded. "Ok, he is handsome. Are you happy now?"

"Totally! " She responded, self-satisfied and took a sip from her drink after giving me a wicked grin. I shook my head and smiled at her expression.

After spending some time with Avery, I went back to the mansion. I felt tired. Today I was busy in the company; I had a lot of meetings there. However, I couldn't concentrate in the meetings. My mind was beside the blue-eyed handsome jerk. I hadn't seen him since the accident; it had been three days. But tomorrow, I was going to see him.

When I walked into the mansion, my father called me from the living room. I went towards the living room.

"I was waiting for you. I wanted to talk to you in the company, but my schedule was hectic." He stated firmly.

"What about? If you ask about the project..."

"Not the project, but your co-partner in the project." My father confessed with a serious expression, interrupting me. "Sit down, please." He added, gesturing to the couch.

"Cody?" I asked, puzzled and sat down on the couch.

"How is it going on with Cody?" He asked firmly.

Again this question? What is going on with everyone tonight? Everyone asks me the same question.

I cleared my throat and replied, trying to control my voice. "Good. Why did you ask?"

He looked into my eyes, trying to understand if I told him the truth or not. I bit my lower lip nervously. He sighed and warned me in a serious tone. "Be careful with him! He is an incorrigible womanizer. If he tries to make a move on you, tell me. I will make him regret it."

"Dad!" I sighed and continued. "Don't worry. Cody is professional. He didn't do anything inappropriate."

Excluding that he kissed me in his car once.

If my father finds out about it, he will kill Cody.

I bit my lower lip as I remembered his soft lips on mine.

"Emily?" My father called me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Umm...Dad, don't worry." I mumbled and stood up. "Everything is fine. And if he does something wrong, I will tell you." I tried to assure him. He nodded, giving me a slight smile. "Good night." I said, smiling, and kissed his cheek.

"Good night, princess."

****

I grabbed my file and went to Cody's penthouse. Today we were going to check the construction. It was close to his penthouse. So he suggested that I met up there. Because he had a lunch meeting at the restaurant near his penthouse building.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, I was surprised. The interior of the penthouse was totally changed.

"Hi." Cody approached me, giving me his mesmerizing smile.

"Hi. You have changed everything in the penthouse." I commented, looking around in surprise. Everything in the penthouse was new and so tasteful.

"Yeah, you hadn't wanted to sit down anywhere the last time when you were here, being uncomfortable. So I changed the furniture. We need to work here sometimes too. So I decided to change it." He confessed, shrugging his shoulder and gave me a boyish smile as he placed his hands into his pockets. My eyes widened in surprise after his confession. I pursed my lips together, trying to hold my smile. I felt so happy.

"Umm...." As soon as he noticed what he had said, he rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. "Umm... Actually, I was going to change it, but I didn't have time. I was bored with the same things." He mumbled nervously. I nodded, smiling. "And don't worry after changing the furniture, I didn't bring any girl here." He confessed honestly.

I looked at him in surprise and murmured uneasily. "Umm....You met in the hotel or in their place then... Oh...sorry. It is none of my busi..."

"No! Actually, I didn't have time. I was busy with you." He replied, looking into my eyes, making me surprised again and again with his confessions. He instantly cleared his throat and added hastily. "Umm... I mean.... We work.... I don't have any free time from working. You made me a workaholic."

"Oh." I mumbled under my breath, a little disappointed and nodded, biting my lower lip.