Chapter 19

Emily's POV

"Now it is my fault?!" He shouted, making me jolt in fear. "It is you! Since you walked into my life, my life turned into a nightmare." He snapped, giving me a death glare.

"Me?! It is you and your playboy ways!" I barked. I was holding myself hard not to strangle him.

He gritted his teeth without taking his eyes off me, full of rage in his eyes. Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him quickly and smashed his lips against mine, catching me off guard.

As soon as I got rid of my surprise, I tried to push him back, placing my hands on his firm chest, but he didn't release me while kissing me feverishly.

A few minutes later, he pulled back and said arrogantly as a smug smirk appeared on his face. "It is the best way to shut your mouth. And considering the fact that I am already in deep shit, at least, I received some compensation."

I gritted my teeth and slapped him across his face. His jaw clenched as he gave a murderous look. As he took a step towards me, I stepped back reflectively.

"If you dare to slap me again, I will make you pay for it." He threatened, full of rage in his eyes. "Talk to your father and clear it!" He demanded between gritted teeth, trying to control his anger as much as possible. Then he stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

****

I was trying to work in my office or more correctly, I was hiding here. The gossip was getting worse and worse day by day. They were talking that our fathers saw Cody and I while I gave him a blowjob at the party, I was so shameless because of doing it in public without respecting the guests. Another group were talking that our parents saw us while having sex at the party, and I was pregnant with Cody's baby, but Cody didn't believe that it was his baby. Some of them were telling that I had sex with our finance director and my former bodyguard and so on. I didn't even mention how they called me.

I felt so embarrassed despite the fact we didn't do anything bad and all of these were lies. Moreover, after hearing these gossips, my father got angrier. I talked to him and tried to change his mind about the wedding, but he was determined. He even set up the wedding date today. He informed me that he talked to Cody's father, and they set the wedding date. They decided that Cody and I were getting married in two weeks. I didn't know what to do. My father didn't listen to me as much as I tried to explain. I felt desperate.

I breathed deeply as my phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. I grabbed it and picked up the phone. It was Avery.

I was telling Avery about my father's too perfect surprise when the angry blue-eyed jerk barged in and slammed the door behind him. He looked frustrated. I closed my eyes, breathing deeply, trying to control my anger.

"Avery, I will call you later. I need to handle the problem." I said, emphasizing the word problem while staring at Cody.

He gave me a dirty look. I ignored his gaze and hung up the phone and stood up, clenching my fist. "What are you doing here? And don't you have any manners? You can't barge in my office whenever you want!" I snarled in frustration as I approached him.

"Cut the crap! I told you that you talked to your father and made him give up on his absurd idea, not to set the wedding date." He barked, his face red with rage. "I will not marry you. I don't know what you planned, but forget it. There will be nothing between us. Nothing!" He snarled, his fist clenched.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, trying to calm down, but it didn't help at all. As soon as I opened my eyes and saw my nightmare in front of me again, my anger increased.

"Why should I plan this kind of thing?! Don't talk nonsense!" I snapped.

"I don't know maybe, you fell in love with me." He said, giving me an arrogant smirk.

"Bullshit!" I exclaimed, giving him a murderous look. "Even if you are the last man on Earth, I would never fall in love with you." I declared in frustration.

"Whatever! I don't know how, but talk to your father and convince him to call off the wedding." He demanded in a bossy tone.

"As if..." I murmured, sighing. "You don't know my father. He will not change his mind and..." I paused, biting my lower lip and continued shyly, blushing. "Especially now when everyone thinks that we...did it."

He burst out laughing. His expression got serious as he hissed between gritted teeth. "Dear, I did nothing to you. You are not my type. Get it?! And I will never marry you. Never!" Then he stormed out.

***

I stormed out of the company after having a fight with my father. As much as I tried to talk to him again, he didn't listen to me. He was so stubborn. I felt frustrated.

After getting some fresh air, I got in my car and went to Cody's company. Unfortunately, there was a meeting which I should attend. I hadn't seen Cody since he barged in my office. Actually, I didn't want to see his face again, but I didn't have a choice. Moreover, I hoped the meeting ran smoothly; I was afraid of Cody and my father's encounter. My father was still angry at him. And I wasn't ready for another fight nor new gossip. I had already had a lot on my plate. I just wanted peace.

When I walked out of the elevator, I bumped into Jane. We had known each other since college. I hated her. She was a real bitch. We never got along. I found out last month that she worked here.

"Hi." I mumbled and wanted to go towards the conference room. I wasn't in the mood to talk to her.

"Oh, Emily. I always knew that you weren't that innocent girl as you pretended." She said, giving me a mocking smirk.

UntamedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara