Chapter 9

When I wake up I can already tell where I am, even without opening my eyes. I'm in the infurmary. The smell gives it away immediately as I regain consiousness. Wait why am I in the infurmary?

I try to open my eyes but they feel stuck, I try and try then I finally see the roon around me. And the people sitting in front of my bed side. If I wasn't awake before my surprise quest defenetly woke me

up. All three of the head masters were

sitting calmly in front of me watching me.

"H-hi?" I say as I try to sit up. But Mrs. Cross frowns as she gets up and moves the pillow behind me. I smile at her gratefully, as she stares at me curiously.

"Do you remember why you are here?" Mr. Williams asks standing up and joining Mrs. Cross next to my bed.

I look down at my hands and look at my chipping nail polish. Then I start to remember going to the party and talking the Becce. Her dragging me to find Eliot, seeing him kiss the slu- er Katherine. When I remember seeing him kissing her with so much lust I bite my lip.

As I keep replaying the events of last night I remember walking into an ally having Eliot on my heal. Then throwing his stuff at him, and Exavier making it worse. But then I remember fog, black eyes and Exavier being swallowed by the ground.

By that point I'm bitting my lip so hard I taste blood. "Ow." I say as I brush my finger over it. "Yes. I remember." I say, then look at Mr. Nolan saying the my next words coldly. "Your son is a monster."

They all went still as Mr. Nolan smirks, he opens his mouth to talk but someone else's beats him to it.   "That isn't very nice to say about someone in the room, you could have at least waited untill I were to leave the room." Eliot says as he leans against the door on the other side of the room.

How didn't I notice him? I quickly get out of the bed and go to the far right corner making myself as small as possible. "Go away!" I yell. "You killed Exavier! Your a monster." I say pressing myself against the wall as tightly as I can.

I look at him with the most hateful glare I can muster, but getting up so suddenly made me dissy and it probably isn't showing all of my loathe to the boy standing on th e other side of the big room.

But as I look at him, his earlier witty comment doesn't match his expression. He looks hurt? But why in the hell would he be hurt he has no reason to be sad. He is a horrible person and, I hate him. but if you hate him why are you over thinking everything about him? Ugh, this is not the time to start a civil war inside my head.

"Mrs. Pierce, I think there is some explaining to be done." Mrs. Cross says calmly. "Eliot isn't a monster. Not fully anyway." She says sitting on the bed motioning for me to sit next to her.

"What do you mean by that?" I say in a low voice staying near the wall, not moving an inch.

"This is going to be hard to explain. So you need to listen and pay attention, understand Rosalinda?" Mrs. Cross said frustrated.

"Don't call me that." I say annoyed.

Mrs. Cross looks like she has had it when Eliot steps in. "I'll tell her, but you all have to leave. That was the deal, remember Pops?" Eliot says pointedly at his father.

No no no no no, they can't leave me with this monster!

"Absolutely not." Mrs. Cross says furiously shaking her head. "She is frightened as it is, there is no way-" but then Mr. Nolan interups her. He steps forward and whispers something in her ear.  I see her get agitated by whatever it is he said and starts shouting incoherent words at him. But after a few more words, she turns red.