Prologue

Hi guys, kinda bored. If you don't like it don't comment because I really don't care. But if you are going to say something nice, go ahead you will be making my day. Okay here we go hold on because this is going to be a bumpy ride.

~~~

"Rosalinda Pierce." Called out the lady in the front desk. Rose got up and was tempted to snap at the lady and say her name was Rose, she hated being called by her full name. But that wouldn't help her at all, she glanced at her parents and smiled. If this went well, this was the first step to the rest of her life. Her parents both smiled at her and gave a pushing motion for her to go on.

With a deep breath she walked towards the lady and smiled, the lady didn't look amused. "It looks like your the last one for the interview." She said tiredly, but she looked down at Rose. "But here's some advice, get strait to the point, and tell them who you really are. Don't go on about some Bull shit life that isn't yours. " With a tired smile she pointed to the office at the end of the hall.

She slowly walked toward the door. This was a make it or brake it situation, and she knew that well. This was the day she has been preparing for since the day she got the letter in the mail. She trained herself for every stereotype question they might ask. Her parents even got concerned about her fussing, and one day her Dad told her something that really made her think. He said" Rose, I'm so happy you are getting this chance but you are getting to deep in this. So I'm going to tell you something my Dad told me right before I went to college. " he smiled kindly at her, "Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting something does not make it real." He said it slowly, as if Rose were a mere child. But she didn't get it. "What does it mean?" She asked him after mulling it over for a moment. He smiled widely "I asked the same thing to your Grandfather. And I'm going to tell you the same thing he told me." He paused for dramatic effect. "Figure it out on your own, find a meaning that fits to it. Then come tell me and I will tell you if you have it right or not." He chuckled and shook his head. "It took me three years to finally understand the meaning to that. I always sort of got the gist of it. But one day I fully understood the sadistic, and revolutionary truth to it. So let's see how long it takes you to fully and utterly understand this meaning." He laughed again then kissed Rose on the cheek, he smiled as he walked out of the room that night. Rose hadn't thought about that night ever since, she had been to preoccupied. But now, maybe she knew the answer.

She finally got to the door and slowly started to open it. Then cautiously walked inside, not wanting to make a bad first impression. Then she closed the door and stood before three intimidating adults. The one on the left hand side was a male, he had a black suit and a red tie. He looked like he was around his late 40's but still looked like he could go through hell and back without blinking an eye. He had light brown hair that was starting to get white at the ends, and warm hazel eyes. He smiled warmly at me.

Then there was a woman in the middle, she was in a navy blue cocktail dress. She also looked like she was in her middle 40's. She had a neutral face, not yet frowning, and not yet smiling. She had bright red hair, and light green eyes that screamed authority.

Then the last person was a male at the right edge of the table looked to be in his late 20's. He had an expensive looking black suit, and a black tie. He had black hair that neatly styled, then his eyes were an iced blue tundra. And he had a smirk on his face, like there was a joke, but he was the only one in the loop.

"Please sit Miss. Pierce" Said the lady in the middle still keeping a straight face. Rose nodded and looked around as she walked toward the table. The walls had few a few pictures of the campus, and fake looking pictures of students smiling.

She quickly sat at the table and smiled at them. The woman in the middle spoke fist, "I'm Mrs.Cross" she said calmly, she turned to the man in the red tie"This is Mr.Williams" then she looked over at the man in the black tie, who looked as is he were trying not to laugh. "And this is Mr.Nolan". The room went quiet when Mrs. Cross finished introducing everyone. Then they started asking her questions. They went one at a time, questions ranging from "How old are you?" To "why do you want to go to this school?" They asked pretty mundane questions, but after a while they stopped and the two men looked at Mrs. Cross.

She stared deep into Rose's eyes, as if looking into her soul. "What do you want from life? What do you want to do with yourself?" She finally asked.

Deep inside, Rose knew this was her make it, or brake opportunity. The answer to this question was what they were going to consider most when they chooses who goes to there school. So she thought carefully, and finally came up with an answer that they were either going to appreciate, or dismiss as utter nonsense.

Rose cleared her throat, and made eye contact as she started to talk. "I'm a greedy person, so therefore I want it all. I want to have the best job, and to be very well off. I want to support my parents, and have an actual marriage where I love the person I'm going to be with for the rest of my life. And down the road I want a kid that I can proud of. But what I really want to do with myself, is what everyone really wants. I want to be important, and be remembered for something incredible, something that really leaves a mark on society. I want to be remembered, as someone great." I said then took a deep breath. That's it, that's all I can offer. I looked at the three adults looming over me Mrs. Cross, and Mr. Williams looked at me with almost with a hopeful face. And Mr. Nolan looked slightly upset, smirk gone.

"That will be it." Said Mrs. Cross. "We will inform you in a week once we have made our decision." Rose smiled and walked out of the room to her awaiting parents.

"How do you think you did honey?" Her father asked. Rose shrugged, unsure what to say. Her mom smiled at her, "Come on, let's go to eat, that interview took a long time. You have been worrying over this for a long time, you deserve a night out. Let's go." She said hugging her. Rose smiled and let her parents lead her to the car.

And as they drove to the restaurant Rose felt something in her stomach. It was the same feeling she had a year ago, the night before her grandmother died.

---

"It's her." Mrs. Cross said pacing around the room. "I agree." Said Mr. Williams. "She fits everything in the criteria. Stop being stubborn Nolan." He huffed.

Mr. Nolan walked to the window and stared at the setting sun. "But we still aren't sure." He said pointedly. Mrs. Cross rubbed her temples in frustration. "Ok, what if we put her in regular classes until we see the signs. She should just about be showing them. Can we all agree to that?" She said, though she wasn't really asking.

Nolan turned and was about to argue just a little bit more, but one stare from Mrs. Cross stopped him in his tracks.

He sighed, "fine." And he grabbed his coat and stomped out of the room.