chapter 6

It's Friday. We didn't go to school today, something about a holiday? I'm not sure, I really wasn't paying attention to be honest. But I am thankful, because frankly I need to get my shit together. Okay, so I just need to get my mind back in order, no problem. I'll just start out by sorting all the problems I have, then the problems that are important. Easier said than done.

Okay, so first off I somehow broke Eliot's chair in the cafeteria, then after running out he followed me. Then I choked him without being a foot away. After this ordeal he try's to convince me I'm crazy and I hallucinated the whole event, and started feeding me bullshit excuses about being jet lagged. Next on the crazy list, is his gang and maybe even Georgia and Exavier. I think they are all part of a drug dealing business, I thought about it for a while yesterday night. After over hearing Eliot on the phone I came to the conclusion the 'Twins' are Georgia and Exavier. She never said that they were twins but they are practically identical. The only reason that those two would want Eliot dead so badly is that they are from two different drug dealers and they want to exterminate the competition. That being said it was only natural to assume that he is the drug lord of this operation. And his gang of honor students are his drug mules. I also have a theory about the school too. They help these so called honor students make the drugs and help them sell it. That's why the honor students are only ever seen in home room to keep up the act. And my last problem is Eliot. Everything about him screams run as fast as you can. His clothes, his stare, his car, his undeniably good looks, his tendency to bite his lip when he's nervous- wait I'm getting off track. Eliot Nolan scares me, and I'm never scared. But after yesterday's events frankly I'm scared shitless. He says he has to talk to me, but what if he wants to recruit me to be apart of his little British mafia? I have to stay away from him.

There, those are my crazy problems, now I need to sort out my real problems. Firstly I need to study more, my PHD isn't going to get here magically. Next my classes, I need to take more notes. And lastly though probably the most important, I need to stop thinking about Eliot.

There, I now have my priorities in order. But, I still feel like my mind is more chaotic than ever. Maybe I really am losing my mind. Or maybe it's because I keep looking at Eliot's car keys and jacket while  being stuck in my room for the past 24 hours. I need to get out.

Quickly standing up I change out of my pajamas and into a T-shirt and yoga pants. I look at the jacket and ponder over putting it on. I quickly shake the thought out of my head and grab a sweater. I don't see Georgia anywhere as I walk towards the door, but who am I kidding I wouldn't know what to say to her if she was here. I lock the door behind me just in case and start to walk towards a few stores near the campus. I quickly enter a coffee shop and head towards the cashier. He looks oddly familiar, "Hi, can I get a Hazel cappuccino." I order to the bark brown haired boy.

He looks at me oddly for a moment and speaks. "Your, your Rosalinda aren't you?" He says more telling me, than asking.

I cringe at my name, then I realize who they guy is. It was Cuper, one of the honor students. Shit. "Ye- yeah. Er no, I go by Rose." I stumble over my words, great I'm practically sweating.

He nods, and smiles at me warmly as if we have been friends for ages. " Peter, one hazel cappuccino." He yells as a head sticks out of a door. Wait a minute, Peter? He's also an honor kid. Just my luck, great. I have to get out of here, and fast.

"So how much will that be?" I ask trying not to show how desperate I am to leave.

He looks at me for a moment and shakes his head, "don't worry about it, it's on the house." He says smiling at me. Didn't Georgia say this kid sticks by himself? Because at the moment, he seems like the friendliest person alive. "No no." I shake my head furiously, "I can't accept that." Even though you are probably rich because of the drugs,wait if he's a drug seller why is he, and Peter working at a coffee shop? Maybe it's a way to throw people off, yeah that's it.

"No no, I insist. We kind of were jackasses the first time we met so think of this as a way for you not to think of me as a bully, okay?" He says whole heartedly.

Well I guess one coffee isn't going to make him go broke, so. "Thank you. And I don't know you well enough to judge you guys." I say lying about the last bit. I can't be friends with drug dealers. He smiles as if that made his day, and just as he was about to say something Peter comes through the door with my cappuccino. He hands me the paper cup and looks at me like I'm a new toy. Great. " um, thanks for the coffee but I have to go so. Yeah." I awkwardly say as I walk out of the coffee shop. But just my luck I run into the one more at the door.

"Wait, your Rosa-" I hear the boy with a pink beanie say. "It's Rose." I say trying to keep up my facade. the boy holds out his hand, "I'm Jackson." He introduces himself as he steps back to let me out of the shop. I mentally frown, why are they so well trained? Maybe it's because they're british?

I look back down at him and shake his hand lightly.                Shock

I pull away quickly when his hand electrocuted mine. "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't feel the elec-" "Don't worry about it." I say as I speed walk away.

How can drug dealers be so, nice? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there isn't a British mafia. But then again why did Eliot take so many pills? What if he was trying to kill himself? Oh god, I was probably wrong about everything and I misinterpreted it all. What if Eliot's dead. No, no I can't think like that. I'll just go the the infirmary and make sure.

I quickly turn around and and head toward the direction of the infermary, but I stop at the sounds of voices. I quickly peek around the side of a building and see three girls outside the infermary. And it was the honor students Macy, Becca, and Christy. They are huddled together, probably from the cold. We are only a month into the school year but it still gets cold.

I know it's rude to over hear conversations that don't involve me, but something in my gut stops me from getting there attention. So I quietly listen. "We should go tell her." I hear Macy whine. "She deserves to know. Especially since she is so important, we need to start preparing her right away. Fuck Eliot." She says. I laugh quietly, she is one of the only people who I have heard curse here, and it's refreshing. "Macy, please understand you don't have any say in this. Besides Eliot is in charge, and he said he was going to tell her very soon. So we should trust him." I see Becca try to calm her down as she straightens her glasses. "But it's not fair, we are some of the most powerful reflections here. That's why we are here if you have forgotten. Look come on like you said, he was going to tell her anyway, we'll just be speeding up the process." Macy says with urgency.

          What are they talking about?

   Becca looks like she is going to argue when Christy walks closer to Macy.

"Look," she says "we need to fallow orders. We need to listen to whatever he tells us, if he says to jump we ask how high. If he jumps off a cliff we follow blindly and trust he knows what is best. He is our  leader and we can never go back on him. If it weren't for him we would be stuck in Autumn forever. So no, we aren't going to talk yo her. Got it. As of now Rosalinda Pierce doesn't know anything about Autumn, Reflections, or the Bridge, got it?" Chrisy says, though it's more of a command than a question. Damn, she is scary.

    Becca stands still and shutters before allowing her. And Macy, well she just stare at the wall. Then does something unexpected and she puches it. She curses loadly, and walks away.

    I stand there looking at the wall where she punched. And exactly where she had hit the wall was a scorch mark. As if a fire had started there, but it was only in that one spot.

    I quickly walk away, and head for my dorm. I figured two things out today, one and probably the most important; Eliot is alive. He has to have been okay if he were able to talk to the girls. And two: they were definitely doing drugs, all signs point to it. How eles could a teenage girl leave a mark on the wall? How else could he still be alive after taking so many pills? How can three girls be so delusional? How eles could you explain everything that's going on?

But if I were really to say the truth, I can't, I can't explain what's going on and that's what scared the hell out of me.