Chapter 12

I sit on my bench as I stare into my hands. Everything is in a series of grey colors. What's wrong with me? I look at the ground and everything is different shades of gray, there isn't any other color. Then for the first time, I look up. And I finally see it, the blue waves that come crashing down onto the sand. The waves are slow and calm, just like they always are this time a year. I forget about everything else and just stare at it, as the sound of the tides slowly lull me to sleep.
     Cah cah
I look to my left, and standing there is a raven. It isn't gray, but actually black. Its surreal that he's so close to me. Don't they know how destructive humans are? How could this bird be so stupid as to stand next to me. I mean-

I stop as I see the raven hop closer to me.

No stop

I'll destroy you

Please stay away

Beep beep beep beep

I shoot out of bed. "What the fuck?" I whisper as I start to inspect my surroundings. I check my hands. Tanned but getting paler. My PJs, blue and red. And then my bed sheets. Brown.

I start to take deep breaths, "it's okay." Breath in. "Just a dream" hold breath, "I'm fine" breath out.

Beep beep beep beep

"Shit, that's alarm two." I quickly get up and change into some joggers and a loose sweatshirt. I grab an alastic band and make my life way out of my room. Then quickly brush my teeth.

Day two of hell, I say as I grab a bannanna from the bowl. I turn, then scream. In front of me with a messy blonde bun, and in a dark blue robe is Georgia. She's frowning.

"Where have you been?! One moment I see you running off at the party the next you're running out like a mad man, then I'm being called that you are needed to stay in the infermary, again. But this time over night! You owe me some explanations young lady. And also why you are up this early, because if I tried waking you up at this hour you would throw coffee beans at me." Georgia said frantically. I'm not quite sure how she said that all in one breath though. She's scary.